Daminion is a low-cost, server based photo management system for small teams and creative professionals. Multiple users can view, annotate, and edit your digital assets quickly and without risk of losing information; your digital library will be protected from irreparable damage, which is not the case when using a file-server based solution. Daminion benefits are: Affordable price for small teams. None of the endless monthly fees demanded by hosted solutions. You pay once. - No need to hire a system administrator, and no specialist knowledge necessary to install and administer the Server.Much more secure than web-solutions all your content remains inside your firewall. Restricted access to content by User Roles. Ability to work with huge size media archives (up to 500K-1M files per catalog). Version Control (Check in/out). Avoid work being redone because you've lost your original versions. Powered by free, reliable and widely adopted PostgreSQL database engine. Import more than 100 formats including. Super simple and clean interface. Focused on cataloguing (no built-in fancy image editors and publishing tools) with excellent bridge to external photo editors like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. Quickly classify and filter your content by tags using AND, OR operations. Supports complex hierarchical tags (keywords, locations) with no limitation on nesting levels. Using hierarchical tags you can describe your content more precisely and as result spend far less time locating your important files. Automatically sync image annotations (tags) with metadata (IPTC/XMP/MWG). Daminion can even write metadata into Camera RAW formats, including CR2, NEF, DNG, ARW, MRW, PEF, without creating xmp sidecar files. Unlike other content organizational tools, Daminion will correctly write/read hierarchical keywords from/to IPTC/XMP. So your hierarchical structure will not lose data when you export or move your files.
What is new in this release:
- New lightweight web-client allows you to access Daminion Server to search, browse, view, and download your digital assets on any device, including Mac, Windows, and Linux tablets and mobiles.
- A real-time File Watching Service now tracks changes in outside file systems and reflects them in Daminion as soon as they occur.
- Usage Purpose Tracking allows you to keep tabs on when, where and by whom your assets have been used.
- Users Roles per Catalog.
- User management via web-browser.
- Improved file format support (better support for vector images)
- Added support for IBM/Lotus Domino LDAP authentication
- Number of connected users and catalog database version are now displayed in the admin panel.
- Report after rescan. A full rescan report is now available via Catalog > Rescan Reports, or by right clicking on the rescan progress indicator.
- Groups added into Saved Searches
- Custom tags are included in Quick Search
- Documents and Vector images stored on a local server-based PC can be copied to the local client-based PC
- Scroll position in the right-hand Properties panel is now remembered when changing item selection
- Added Fonts tag. Mapped to XMP: Fonts
- Added an option to the tag tree context menu to display the selected tag in the second panel. Ideal when you need to reorder values within the same tag - simply drag them from one tag panel to another.
- Offline files can now be viewed as Full Screen or Mid-Size JPEG previews
- You can grant a user a separate Concurrent Connection.
- Improved import from and export to CSV
What is new in version 3.3 (1048):
Version 3.3 build 1048
- Finding and eliminating duplicate assets
- Tag taxonomy can be protected against screw-ups
- Synonyms and Tag Groups allow to reduce the number of visible tags and drastically improve the search results
- Rendering speed of large images (especially huge TIFFs) and import to large catalogs becomes up to 5x times faster. Thumbnails for shared catalogs are displayed much faster
- Images order for Presentations can be ordered manually
- Images with expired license date will be automatically excluded from all further export operations and enable you to avoid from possible expensive penalties
- Improved writing tags to Video files
- All publications of a particular image, or images very similar to it, can be find on the internet by a single click
- Improved "Compare Items" window helps to select the right file version much easier than before
- More than 50 other improvements and bug fixes