Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder's main goal is to help you to find fast all similar and duplicate images in a folder and its sub folders. Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder uses advanced algorithms to find similar images in a way that a human does. Due to that fact it can find similar images even if they are in different image formats, different bit depth and image sizes. You can specify a percent of image similarity that will be used during the scan. Using the similarity percentage level you can broaden your results or you can specify exact match varying only in image format and/or size. After the scan process is finished the program shows all images that have duplicates and can automatically mark the smaller resolution and/or smaller file size images for deletion. With a couple of mouse clicks you can get rid off all duplicate images and save gigabytes of valuable disk space. Unlike standard duplicate file finders this advanced duplicate photo finder tool will "Look" at your images in order to find similarities like a real person would do. Supports 100+ Image Formats including PhotoShop/LightRoom PSD (XMP) and 300+ RAW Camera File Formats Some of the supported file formats: JPEG Bitmap (*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.jpe) Compuserve Bitmap (*.gif) Portable Network Graphics (*.png) TIFF Bitmap (*.tif;*.tiff;*.fax;*.g3n;*.g3f) JPEG2000 Files (*.jp2) JPEG2000 Code Stream (*.j2k;*.jpc;*.j2c) Targa (*.tga;*.targa;*.vda;*.icb;*.vst;*.pix) Paintbrush (*.pcx) Windows Bitmap (*.bmp;*.dib;*.rle) Windows Metafile (*.wmf) Enhanced Windows Metafile (*.emf) Windows Icon (*.ico) Windows Cursor (*.cur) Wireless Bitmap (*.wbmp) Portable Pixmap (*.pxm;*.ppm) Adobe Photoshop (*.psd) Camera RAW (*.crw; *.cr2; *.nef; *.raw; *.pef; *.raf; *.x3f; *.bay; *.orf; *.srf; *.mrw; *.dcr; *.sr2; *.dng; *.erf; *.mef; *.arw) (only in Pro and Corporate versions) DICOM Images (*.dcm) (only in Corporate version) HDPhoto Images (*.hdp; *.wdp; *.jxr) (only in Pro and Corporate versions).
What is new in this release:
- Version 126.96.36.199:
- Added new autocheck option to check images with larger file sizes regardless of dimensions
- Added option to Copy checked files to a target folder
- Added button to set the default "Cache files folder" in Options dialog
- Fixed moving/deleting files from UNC paths like //server/folder/image.jpg
- VSDIF now checks if it has write access to the cache file folder before the scan process is started
- Clicking on the vertical splitter handle restores right panel (previously panel was restored on mouse over)
What is new in version 188.8.131.52:
- Added option "Detect images with solid borders"
- Added new autocheck option "Images with shorter file names"
- Other small GUI fixes and enhancements.
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
- Added context menu for folders list that includes disable/enable self scan options and include/exclude from auto-check
- Added context menu for folders list - Remove from list
- Added new option "Automatically adjust preview images orientation"
- Fixed: Preview window - does not reset zoom when switching to next image
- Fixed: Folders panel could not be restored in rare cases
- Fixed: Duplicates information above the grid was not updated correctly after search operation
What is new in version 220.127.116.11:
- Added results grid menu item 'Remove from List' which only removes the selected items from list, but doesn't delete the files
- Added results grid menu item 'Remove Group from List' which removes the whole selected group from list
- Added new autocheck option 'Images with longer file names'
- Changed 'Delete...' menu item shortcut to Shift+Del and 'Remove from List' shortcut to Del
- 'After scan' combobox is now enabled during scan
- Fixed: Multiple images preview wasn't updated with the first found group after scan is complete.
- Fixed: Loading shell associated icons in results grid if OS small icon size is different from 16x16 pixels
What is new in version 18.104.22.168:
- Added: New compare method "Compare EXIF Tag". (only in Pro version)
- Added: Multi Preview tab. Now you can preview all duplicates in a group at once. By using mouse wheel you can increase preview thumb size.
- Added: EXIF grid is by default sorted by Tag name.
- Added: Images orientation in preview is now automatically adjusted by reading EXIF data.
- Added: Support for DICOM tags. (only in Corporate version)
- Fixed: Loading projects where decimal separator is different from the current locale decimal separator.
- Fixed: Moving files from UNC paths like ServerPath
- Fixed: Similarity level can be set to 100% using the mouse wheel or spin-edit buttons. (was possible only by entering it manually)
- Fixed: Order of duplicate groups is preserved on load/save.
What is new in version 22.214.171.124:
- In Filter dialog added option to filter folders by name using wildcards
- Clicking on the folders grid header icons now checks/unchecks all folders
- Browse for folder dialog is updated so if no folders are checked - the currently selected folder is added
- If delete/move file operation failed, hex error code is shown in the log
- Added checkbox "Zoom To Fit" in the large preview window