AIMP is a full-featured music player designed with sound quality and wide, customizable functionality in mind. Thirty audio formats are supported. Audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player features a 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects. You can extend the existing functionality adding Input, DSP and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable. Full Unicode support. You can convert AudioCD to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA. Similarly, you can grab sound from any audio device on your PC to MP3, OGG, WAV or WMA formats.
What is new in this release:
- Plugins: Information bar - an ability to show information bar via hotkey
- Common: Localization were updated
- Common: the FLAC codec has been updated to v1.3.2
- Common: the WavPack codec has been updated to v5.1.0
- Sound Engine: algorithm that calculates channels remapping matrix has been improved
- Sound Engine: Compatibility with external sound cards has been improved when playing using exclusive device access mode
- Music LIbrary: Grouping tree - search is now take into account only fully loaded node levels
- Music Library: Reports - limits of tables have been extended
- Music Library: Reports - the Artist tag field is now used instead of the AlbumArtist field
- Music Library: Table - memory consumption has been reduced for views with album arts
What is new in version 4.12 Build 1880:
- General: you no longer required to run application as administrator to install add-ons or setup the file associations
- General: support of easy-to-install technology for add-ons packages in *.zip / *.aimppack formats
- Audio Converter: the "shutdown computer after conversion" settings are no longer disabled during conversion operation
- Audio Converter: presets for the fdkaac command line encoder has been added (thanks to Soolo)
- Player: performance of file adding operation has been improved
- Playlist: auto-name generation algorithm now can use information from the Artist, AlbumArtist and Album tag fields
What is new in version 4.11 Build 1841:
- Fixed: Playlist - the "add entire folder if one file is sent" option does not work correctly in some cases (regression)
- Fixed: Playlist - no ability to select few collapsed groups via keyboard
- Fixed: music library - table - album thumbnails view - playback that invoked via mouse double click always started from the first track in group
- Fixed: Music Library - small bugs were fixed
- Fixed: Plugins - API - an error occurs when calculating the hash code for certain images (regression)
What is new in version 4.10 Build 1831:
- Advanced search: an ability to select certain playlists for search
- Advanced Search: search string and result are now saves within a single working session
- Skin Engine: rendering has been optimized
- Fixed: common - an error occurs in some cases during application startup that leads to crash the application if the aimp_VK plugin is loaded
- Fixed: common - content of legend for macros does paints incorrectly
- Fixed: skin engine - the position of float-arrow calculates incorrectly
- Fixed: Tag Editor - MP4 - encoding of titles of QuickTime chapters detects incorrectly in some cases
- Fixed: Music Library - content of smart-playlist disappears on assigning the "sort by field" option in filtering settings
- Small bugs were fixed
What is new in version 4.02 Build 1721:
- Common: 3rd party libraries were updated
- Fixed: common - the %FileFormat macro does not work correctly for URLs
- Fixed: Playlist - Advanced Search - search by multiple keywords in different tag fields works incorrectly
- Fixed: Tag Editor - APEv2 - multi-line fields saves incorrectly if their data contains ";" symbol
- Fixed: Tag Editor - displays last cover from the files instead of the Front cover
- Fixed: Music Library - an error occurs when populating the list of possible values for filter by column
- Fixed: Music Library - hangs on application start up in some cases
- Small bugs were fixed
What is new in version 4.0 Build 1697:
- Common: 3rd party libraries have been updated
- Playlist: the "%!" macro is now affects to next macro, not to entire formatting line
- Fixed: Playlist - loses focus after quick search
- Fixed: Tag Editor - some genres are duplicated after the re-opening of the window
- Fixed: Tag Editor - an AV exception occurs sometimes when renaming group of files
- Fixed: Music Library - navigation via short links does works incorrectly (regression)
- Fixed: Music Library - no way to scroll list of labels via scroll bar if one of labels is selected
- Fixed: Music Library - table view - sorting resets to defaults after restart the app
- Fixed: Plugins - API - an error in the IAIMPExtensionPlaybackQueue.OnSelect method (regression)
- Fixed: Plugins - Last.fm - no line breaks for details in the "Track Information" dialog
What is new in version 4.0 Build 1678:
- Fixed: UI - autocomplete in ComboBox element is not case sensitive
- Fixed: Playlist - remove file confirmation dialog appears unfocused if application is inactive
- Fixed: Plugins - Last.fm - tracks that contains a "&" symbol cannot be scrobbled (regression)
What is new in version 3.60 Build 1500:
- Sound Engine: added an ability to specify the 352.8 KHz sample rate (for devices that support this sample rate).
- Fixed: Sound Engine - application crashes if used select more than 8 channels in settings dialog for ASIO-based device.
- Fixed: Player - duration of WAV files calculates incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed: Player - AlbumArt loads incorrectly from ID3v2 in some cases.
- Fixed: Playlist - Save Dialog - settings are not saved for work session.
- Fixed: Playlist - the "insert after current" command removes selected track from read only playlists.
- Fixed: Plugins - Last.fm - information about the duration of playable file does not sent to server.
- Small bugs and defects were fixed.
What is new in version 3.60 Build 1495:
- SACD plugin: multi-threaded decoding is now supported
- SACD Plugin: SACD images in the ISO format are now supported (experimental)
- Tag Editor: the APEv2 tag is now automatically deleted from MP3 during saving changes
- Fixed: Sound Engine - meta-data parses incorrectly in some cases when playing the internet radio
- Fixed: player - bitrate of MP3 files detects incorrectly in some cases
- Fixed: Player - format of internet radio stream in FLAC format in OGG container displays as OGG Vorbis.
What is new in version 3.60 Build 1492:
- Common: the "jump to file" function does not create a new process of Windows Explorer now (thanks to Alex).
- Player: Playback quality have been improved for tracker music.
- Plugins: The Analog Meter visualization is now distribute as separate plugin.
- Plugins: Last.fm - scrobbler status is now displayed at notification area icon.
- Fixed: Audio Converter - the "Move output to" option - no ability to type the ":" symbol.
- Fixed: Sound Engine - hangs while re-connecting to device.
- Fixed: Common - an edit field cannot be focused by click of right mouse button.
- Fixed: Player - shuffler queue is resets when closing the application.
- Fixed: player - track can be played twice in some cases if shuffle mode is active..
- Fixed: Tag Editor - an error occurs while reading file in the AIFF format, if file contains padding in the end of file.
- Fixed: Skin Engine - bugs with positioning of windows.
- Fixed: Plugins - few errors in API.
- Fixed: Plugins - Last.fm - scrobbler progress paints incorrectly.
What is new in version 3.55 Build 1355:
- Audio Library: The "Add to AIMP's playlist" menu item has been added to the context menu for grouping tree
- Fixed: Common - tray icon flashes during program startup
- Fixed: Common - application hangs in some cases when trying to add corrupted files in OGG format
- Fixed: Common - Files from the Windows Explorer were not added to the list at start of application
- Fixed: Sound Engine incorrectly identifies a list of supported formats for some device types
- Fixed: Playlists Manager - an ability to set unsupported file as pre-image via drag-n-drop operation
- Fixed: Playlist - item with URL cannot be sent into other playlist via context menu
- Fixed: Skin Engine - skin settings are resets after restart the application
- Fixed: Skin engine - new name of playlist is not updated in the PlaylistBox skin element
- Fixed: Skin Engine - an error occurs in some cases when trying to undock the mini player from screen edge via drag-n-drop