Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include ReplayGain support, low memory footprint, and native support for several popular audio formats.
What is new in this release:
- Generic performance optimizations, mainly affecting very large playlists and libraries.
- Improved configuration save cycle and shutdown performance with very large libraries [beta 3].
- Playlist & Media Library search dialogs no longer block UI when performing lookups.
- Converter: added an option to transfer ReplayGain information to the destination files.
- Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000's cache, for better search performance and lower resource usage.
- The feature is now customizable by editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar2000 profile folder [beta 3].
- Updated FFmpeg to 2.1 [beta 5].
- Corrected gapless playback of HE-AAC files made with iTunes.
- Improved smooth playlist scrolling.