NeoFinder (formerly known as CDFinder) rapidly catalogs your entire disk and media library, and backup archive. NeoFinder keeps track of your documents, photos, songs, movies, and folders wherever they are stored. Catalog everything - hard disks (internal, external, USB, FireWire, Thunderbolt), server disks, DVD-ROMs, CD-ROMs, iPods, Blu-ray, USB sticks, and get a full inventory of all files, folders, and important metadata, including thumbnails for photos and video files.
What is new in this release:
- NeoFinder 6.8 is certified to run in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan!
- Add or change keywords (Finder Tags) for all files and folders! NeoFinder will not only store these keywords/tags in its catalog, but also attaches them to your original files and folders, just like Apples Finder does
- Find performance is now faster in Yosemite and El Capitan (that is a serious bug from Apple, and we worked around it)
- New Find Editor parameter: "Has no Tag"
- Cataloging XMP data will now give precedence to XMP over possible IPTC tags in a file
- NeoFinder now recognizes ExFAT volume types
- Fixes several memory problems during cataloging
- Fixes a problem in the "Any Text doesn't contain" Find Editor parameter
- Fixes a problem with the regex Find parameter
- Fixes a possible problem when cataloging certain malformed MOV video files. NeoFinder will no longer seem to "hang" in that case
- Fixes a problem in the "Find All Files in this Folder" context menu command
- Fixes a problem when cataloging the textual content of certain PDF files
- Fixes a problem when finding in a very large, very busy database folder in a network setup
What is new in version 6.7.1:
- Catalogs previews of ".psb" (Photoshop, Large Document Format) files
- Fixes a memory leak when cataloging large amounts of DPX (Digital Picture Exchange) video still images
What is new in version 6.6:
- NeoFinder 6.6 is certified to run in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite!
- Cataloging of modern RAW photos is now up to three times faster
- NeoFinder now catalogs a text preview of the content of PDF files
- A new Photo Contact Sheet generates beautiful PDF files from your photos
- New Importer for Delicious Library XML Export files New Importer for SuperCat (Windows) ".idx" catalog files
- Cataloging of MKV, WMV, AVI, and FLV video files now works better and faster if you have ffmpeg installed (especially in Mavericks and Yosemite)
- NeoFinder 6.6 can catalog the iCloud Drive in Yosemite
- NeoFinder 6.6 can use the iCould Drive in Yosemite to store its database folder
- Several Importers (ADC, BRU, Cache-A, DiskCatalogMaker) and Archive readers (zip, rar, tar) now have a massively improved performance, especially for very large files
- NeoFinder now generates thumbnails for PowerCADD CAD files (.pc9 format)
- NeoFinder now catalogs the ISRC data in WAV files
- After cataloging or updating, a User Notification is displayed in the Notification Center (Mac OS X 10.8 and above)
- The maximum pixel size for thumbnails is now 640
- Printing the Icon View now adds a nice header on each page
- The Find Editor has two new File Kinds you can search for: 'RAW' and 'Media File'
- It is now possible to delete multiple schedules in the AutoUpdater at once
- Deployment of NeoFinder in Multi-User environments is now much easier, as the NeoFinder data folder can now be located in /Library/Application Support/
- New List View columns for height, width and duration of media items