Nicecast is the easiest way to broadcast music from OS X. Broadcast around the globe, or just across your house. Nicecast can help you create your own internet radio station or allow access to your iTunes Music Library from anywhere in the world!
What is new in this release:
- Major Enhancement: The new “Track Title Source:” preference enables a specific application to be set as the source for track titles.
- Critical Bug Fix: We've fixed a crash which occurred when the built-in server was stopped then re-started.
- Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.2.6, with some small fixes and improvements.
What is new in version 1.11.8:
The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.2.5, with a plethora of small fixes and improvements.
Nicecast will now grab track titles from Hermes, Swinsian, and Radiant Player.
An issue where Nicecast might fail to detect MegaSeg as the track title source (when Nicecast was set to pull from an audio device) has been corrected.
Live365 has sadly closed their virtual doors. As such, the Live365 Server Type option has been removed in the Server window.
We've fixed a bug where track titles failed to transmit properly due to a username or password containing an “@” symbol.
Nicecast now prevents App Nap, for better audio broadcasting.
The software update mechanism (powered by Sparkle) now runs securely over HTTPS. As well, a bug where older updates could be incorrectly left behind has been corrected.
Nicecast now has a hidden pref, “trackTitlesForcedSource”, which takes the bundle identifier for the application from which you wish to capture track titles.
What is new in version 1.11.5:
A bug introduced in Nicecast 1.11.4 could cause the application to crash when the source is quit. That bug has been corrected.
What is new in version 1.11.4:
- Track title capture now works with djay Pro 1.1 and up.
- Track title capture from the latest versions of Megaseg has been restored.
- An issue where icecast servers occasionally did not receive track titles has been rectified.
- Latency in Nicecast's audio pipeline has been reduced.
- The Instant On extra has been updated to version 8.0.7, with several minor bug fixes.
What is new in version 1.11.3:
- Audio capture of Safari 7.1 on Mac OS X 10.9.5 has been restored. Excellent!
- An extremely rare issue where audio from iTunes could be lost when toggling videos between full-screen and windowed mode has been fixed. It was weird, and hard to track down, but it's gone now!