Harmony Assistant is a useful software for computer-assisted tunes writing and composition.
Its harmonizing capabilities enable the composer to build quickly and efficiently accompanied tunes, with multiple instruments and drum background.
What is new in this release:
- A long right-click on the Play icon (non-Dock palettes) enables to adjust the score general volume
- A long right-click on the metronome icon (non-Dock palettes) enables to adjust the metronome volume
- Option to reset the ornaments settings to their factory values (all, or only the currently edited type)
- MusicXML import: tempo change objects could be invisible. They are now visible by default
- Macintosh: The "Times" font, provided from the beginning of MacOS isn't included anymore in MacOS 10.13. We adjusted our font substitution strategy to manage this
- Stability improvement for VSTi plugins support
- Improvement of general settings default values:
- Old-style palettes
- Only third-party file format have their instruments converted to MyrSynth
- Miscellaneous crashes when editing score that include views
- In MP3 export settings box, ghost pop-up menus could appear when clicking on an empty area
- Fixed crash when playing echo for a MyrSynth instrument on an empty staff
- Fixed crash when a multi-rest measure was located at the very end of the score
- Impossible to select the Myriad HQ palette in "Dock" interface mode
- Fixed information display for tempo objects in the global edit box.
- Fixed problem on the German version of Melody Assistant
- Crashes related to a discontinued feature (management of old desktop accessories of MacOS 9) could occur randomly on Windows and Linux
- Numbered ending management has been restored to the old version, the new algorithm could generate infinite score repeat
- User-defined ornament default settings were not applied when adding the ornement through the note edit window
- Crash when playing some trills with Virtual Singer
- Some fixes on guitar tablature display
- Fixed merged tablature display in scroll mode
- Fixed crash when a part sung by Virtual Singer contained more than 32000 syllables. Maximum score duration Virtual Singer can sing is still limited to 3h1/4 though
- Fixed chord diagram preview in score display setup
- Fixed mistakes when adjusting instruments to existing sound devices on file loading or import
- Fixed MyrSynth and VSTi instrument use on rule-driven multi-instrument staves (could crash with VSTi)
- VSTi plugins: problem when several staves were sharing the same instrument
- Myrweb export: crash when the document included a digital track
- Myrweb export, SVG and PDF graphical export: fixed export of Chinese Unicode characters
What is new in version 9.7.1c:
- Memory leak in slur drawing
- Memory leak in ghost rest drawing
- Windows: inaccuracy in exact click position (mouse pointer hotspot)
- Objects copy/paste in individual selection
- Double display of tuning on merged guitar tablatures
What is new in version 9.7:
- To insert very low or high pitched notes outside the staff area, you can press the Shift key while inserting the note.
- In multi-voice staves or in a staff group, it's now possible to insert notes that continue the melody that has been written on the above or below staff (continuous input). It becomes easy to write a melody that switches between staves without having to fill with rests.
- An option shows the rests in continuous input
- New accidental notation: Old accidental cancellation
- When importing a Karaoke MIDI file or a MusicXML file with lyrics, the algorithm for deciding on what language to use (for Virtual Singer) has been completely rethought. It is now much more accurate.
- When inserting points in parameter curves, the Shift key
enables to insert a "end of curve" point, that is detached from the
following point. This enables to create discontinuous segments, or
even isolated points.
- New optional way to display flagged notes : flags are displayed
as unconnected horizontal beams (Flamenco notation)
- New ornaments : golpe (guitar body hit for flamenco), strumming up, strumming down
- In the complete mixer, it's now possible to adjust volume or
panning of all the select staves at once, by pressing the Alt key
while a value is changed.
- Now possible to hear the hovered notes on score
- New kind of tablature for Kuntigui, a single-stringed African instrument
- Pictures related to staves are now exported and imported in MusicXML
- Harmony Assistant: A new "Voice meter" script lets you hear the beats and fractions of beats, counted by a human voice
- Harmony Assistant: Two piano learning scripts enable to view
and fix performer mistakes when playing a complete score, or to
view the note names to be played step-by-step
- Harmony Assistant: A "MIDI-Digital Sync" script helps computing
very finely the audio output latency, and doing so synchronize
Digital output with MIDI output
- Harmony Assistant: When the compressed MusicXML format is used (.mxl), pictures that are embedded in the document are processed according to the mxl guidelines and recognised as such by music programs that manage pictures
- Harmony Assistant / MyrScript: New powerful graphical functions ("Surface" object) enables to work on picture, and import or export them in various formats.
- Harmony Assistant / MyrScript: Quick help on the selected word in the script editor
- Harmony Assistant / MyrScript: Auto-completion of keywords, variable and function names in the script editor
What is new in version 9.6.3i:
Save-, export-disabled; prints 1 page per run