Tera Term (rarely TeraTerm) is an open-source, free, software implemented, terminal emulator (communications) program. It emulates different types of computer terminals, from DEC VT100 to DEC VT382. It supports telnet, SSH 1 & 2 and serial port connections. It also has a built-in macro scripting language and a few other useful plugins.
What is new in this release:
- Added &u' parameter to log file name that can convert the logon user name.
- Added new line normalization on pasting. The default is off. This feature can be enabled on Copy and Paste tab of Additional settings dialog.
- Added the setflowctrl command.
- Upgraded TTSSH to 2.80
- Upgraded TTXttyrec Plug-in to 1.03
- Upgraded Oniguruma to 6.1.3.
- Upgraded SFMT to 1.5.
- Changed starting method of LogMeTT and TTLEditor installer.
- When Restore setup is called, the AlphaBlend can not be restored immediately.
- When Paste<CR> works, the end of data will be added invalid character.
- When Kanji(receive) is set to UTF-8, garbled characters will be shown after invalid byte characters are received.
What is new in version 4.93:
- Added 48dot icon in the keycode.exe.
- After Kanji(receive) is set to EUC and UTF-8 string is shown, new Kanji(Chinese character) may be properly shown when Kanji(receive) is set to UTF-8.
- When Kanji(receive) is set to UTF-8, ISO-2022-JP Kanji can not be properly shown with Japanese language setting.
- When DeferredLogWriteMode=on is enabled and a log file is closed soon after opening the file, Tera Term rarely halts by dead-lock.
- When Log dialog is closed, the memory leak of Tera Term core(ttermpro.exe) is happened.
- Windows 7 and Vista: When special operation is done on General setup dialog, an application fault occurs.
- When the real time mode is off by using broadcast command, invalid character will be added at the end of string.
- MACRO: When closesbox command is executed, the memory leak of Macro core(ttpmacro.exe) is happened.
- MACRO: The gethostname, gettitle, getmodemstatus, loginfo and logopen command will rarely be wrong.
- upgraded TTSSH to 2.79
- upgraded CygTerm+ to 1.07_29
- upgraded TTProxy to 220.127.116.11
- upgraded TeraTerm Menu to 1.14
- upgraded TTX KanjiMenu Plug-in to 0.1.7
- upgraded TTXRecurringCommand Plug-in to 1.05
- upgraded Oniguruma to 6.1.2.
What is new in version 4.92:
- Added new feature which removes carriage return from end of line with pasting. The default value is off.
- When scroll back is used, scroll state is always reseted with user input.
- ZMODEM: The default escaped character are added LF and GS by sending.
- The default value of MaxComPort setting is increased from 4 to 256.
- changed macro command line behavior.
- MACRO: The params' string-typed array that is stored command line parameter(s).
- Upgraded TTSSH to 2.78
- Upgraded TTProxy to 18.104.22.168
- When the clipboard is read from remote host, unnecessary NUL character is added at the end of the string.
- When the clipboard is written from remote host, empty string can not be set.
- When the clipboard is empty string and Bracketed Paste Mode is enabled, final Bracket is only sent by pasting.
- ZMODEM: The escaped 0x7f and 0xff that is included in ZMODEM header packet can not be restored.
- Tera Term(ttermpro.exe) can not run on Windows 95/98/Me/NT4.0.
- MACRO: When invalid regular expression is specified at the strreplace command, source string is corrupted.
What is new in version 4.91:
- Tera Term waits for port connection when the serial port does not exist.
- Added the WaitCom entry in the teraterm.ini file. The default value is off.
- Added the /WAITCOM command line option.
- When ZmodemAuto=on is enabled and ZRINIT packet is received, the file selection dialog of ZMODEM sending is opened.
- Updated to new Tera Term icon file(teraterm.ico, vt.ico) and macro icon file(ttmacro.ico). Special thanks to Tatsu Sakamoto.
- MACRO: When if has macro command without parameter, syntax error occurs.
- Upgraded TTSSH to 2.77
- When Log Rotate is enabled and an existing file is logged, first file can not be rotated by specified size.
- When AutoComPortReconnect=on is enabled, Tera Term can not recognize a part of device regarding USB serial port connection and disconnection.
- The background color erase(BCE) does not work with DECFI, DECBI control sequence.
What is new in version 4.90:
- TChanged XMODEM options
- Cancel from remote host at XMODEM transmitter becomes as trasnfer failure.
- When remote host sends 1K packet against Checksum at XMODEM receiving, Tera Term receives data as Checksum/1K.
- When remote host sends NAK at XMODEM CRC sending, Tera Term sends data as Checksum.
- Added configuration for XMODEM, YMODEM and ZMODEM timeout value.
- XMODEM: Send and Receive dialog's option can not be affected each other.
- MACRO: When if does not have statement, macro error always occurs.
- Upgraded TTSSH to 2.76
- Upgraded CygTerm+ to 1.07_28
- BCE information does not be updated at OSC 4/11/104/111 control string.
- XMODEM: When CRC sends, Checksum may send half way incorrectly.
- Eterm look-feel: When invalid image file is specified as background, an application fault occurs.
- The return value of random macro command is the deviation of the pseudo random number.
- When invalid folder type is specified on the getspecialfolder macro command, the desktop folder is returned by mistake.
- MACRO: When getipv6addr command is called on Windows 2000, an application _ttpmacro.exe_ fault occurs.
What is new in version 4.89:
- The parameter check of the control sequence can be reinforced.
- added support for querying the status of DECSLRM and DECSCUSR by using the DECRQSS control sequence.
- When the baud rate is high speed on the serial connection, the file transfer can be accelerated.
- Eterm look-feel: added the Image Brightness configuration.
- added the Virtual Store path to Setup directory.
- The cygterm.cfg is not saved on dialog closing but is saved on the Save setup when the CygTerm configuration of the Addtional settings is used.
- The command line option can be quoted from an offset when the '"' is used.
- When the click-able URL is not double-clicked but single-clicked on the version dialog, the browser can be launched.
- MACRO: added new parameter which can specify an index of selected item at the listbox macro command.
What is new in version 4.88:
- When color palette is changed and then inquired with OSC 4, palette numbers (256, 258, 259) are treated as the highlight, blinking and reverse attribute colors.
- When color is inquired with OSC 4, OSC 10, etc., the terminal character is matched to the requested character.
- All color attributes are reset to initial values with OSC 105 ST.
- Added button to open configuration file in Setup directory.
- MACRO: A dialog box of filenamebox and dirnamebox commands will show on top of all the other windows.
- Added support for Microsoft Windows 10.
What is new in version 4.87:
- Added the Setup directory under the Setup menu.
- MACRO: A macro file described in UTF-8 BOM can not report a syntax error.
- MACRO: A numerical value can be specified at the filewrite, filewriteln macro command.
- The keyboard(CNF) configuration will be reset when a new connection is created.
- Upgraded TTSSH to 2.73.
- Upgraded TTProxy to 22.214.171.124.
- Upgraded TeraTerm Menu to 1.13.
- Upgraded LogMeTT to 2.10.3.
- Changed the domain name from SourceForge.jp to OSDN.
What is new in version 4.86:
- When the Terminal on the Control is called, the color setup with OSC 10/11 will be reset.
- YMODEM: The block0 packet size meaning end of transfer is 128 byte at all time. Special thanks to mlukoshkov.
- YMODEM: The packet of file information is not fixed size but variable size (128 or 1024byte).
- added the dirnamebox command.
- added the getmodemstatus command.
What is new in version 4.85:
- added support for the pause time while the break signal is sending to the serial port.
- added the SendBreakTime entry in the teraterm.ini file.
- The Alt+D and Alt+I accelerator key can only be worked on the VT window.
- added new optional setting that can disable accelerator key of New Connection.
- added AcceleratorNewConnection entry to teraterm.ini.
- added new optional setting that can disable accelerator key of Cygwin connection.
- added AcceleratorCygwinConnection entry to teraterm.ini.
- added the 3rd argument to specify the initial directory at the filenamebox macro command.
- added the 4th argument to open a text file for reading at the fileopen macro command
- Bug fixes
- The language file will not be shown in the General setup.
- When the connect macro command is failed, the command will be failed again.
- The floating point number can not be specified in the sprintf, sprintf2 macro command.
- The character width and precision specifying of the format style can not use the * character in the sprintf, sprintf2 macro command.
- upgraded TTSSH to 2.71
- added the Traditional Chinese.lng language file. Special thanks to Wei Yan.
- added support for 64bit Cygwin connection automatically.
- removed the 64bit cyglaunch.exe program.
What is new in version 4.84:
- When a file is received by using YMODEM or ZMODEM protocol, the file timestamp is updated.
- added the log type configuration on the Log tab of the Additional settings dialog.
- Bug fixes
- When the LanguageUI is changed on the General setup dialog, the help file can not be switched.
- MACRO: The last line number can not display on the macro execution dialog.
- added support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2.
- upgraded TTSSH to 2.70
- upgraded TeraTerm Menu to 1.12
- upgraded TTXResizeMenu Plugin to 1.03
- upgraded LogMeTT to 2.10.2