Tunnelblick is a simple graphical user interface for the great VPN software OpenVPN 2.0 and higher. It is written in Cocoa and comes in a ready to use distribution with all necessary binaries and drivers. It supports the Apple Keychain to store your username and passwort or your certificate passphrase so you don't have to enter it again.
What is new in this release:
- SECURITY UPDATE: Replaces OpenSSL version 1.0.1o with version 1.0.1p.
What is new in version 3.5b2:
- Includes complete localization in 18 languages including Danish and Greek and partial localization in 7 others, including Arabic and Bulgarian.
- Uses new (2014-11-04) tun/tap kexts when on OS X 10.9 or 10.10 ("Mavericks" or "Yosemite").
- Includes new status icon animation which clarifies the connected/connecting/disconnected VPN status -- thanks to William Faulk.
- Adds the ability to save only the VPN username to the Keychain without saving the VPN password.
- Adds ability to localize configuration names (and folder names).
- Moves the 'VPN Details...' menu item to be above the configurations. May be disabled with the 'putVpnDetailsAtBottom' preference is set TRUE.
- Recreates the status icon only when necessary.
- Centers the login or passphrase window in the new screen when a screen change occurs or if the computer awakens from sleep unless the 'doNotRedisplayLoginOrPassphraseWindowAtScreenChangeOrWakeFromSleep' preference is set to TRUE.
- Deletes log files not modified in the last week.
- An empty name for an 'added menu item' (or the name after translation) causes the item to be skipped.
- Adds crash report log entries for Tunnelblick components such as openvpn and atsystemstart to the 'Diagnostic Info'.
- Flushes DNS cache via 'discoveryutil udnsflushcaches' and 'discoveryutil mdnsflushcache' if available.
- Fixes several problems with Tunnelblick's handling of 'private keys' (passphrases).
- Fixes a problem with updates to Deployed versions of Tunnelblick and a problem causing failures on OS X 10.4 ('Tiger').
- Fixes a problem renaming configurations.
- Fixes visibility problems with the standard status icon in 'dark mode' on OS X 10.10 ('Yosemite').
- Fixes problems on OS X 10.4 and 10.5 Intel machines using OpenVPN versions higher than 2.2.1.
- Fixes a problem with invalid permissions in IconSets contents.
- Fixes problems that caused digital signature checking to fail on OS X 10.5.
- Fixes a problem with password and passphrase windows.
- Fixes status window icon animation.
- Fixes typo of Feetu Nyrhinen's name on the Info panel.
- Fixes a problem that caused the 'tun' kext to not be loaded even if 'dev-node tun' was specified in the OpenVPN configuration file.