NeoOffice is a full-featured set of office applications (including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, and database programs) for Mac OS X. Based on the OpenOffice.org office suite, NeoOffice has integrated dozens of native Mac features and can import, edit, and exchange files with other popular office programs such as Microsoft Office. NeoOffice is one of the most stable office suites for Mac OS X. We have created an office suite that is adapted to the unique needs of Mac users by taking the features in Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org office suite.
What is new in this release:
This version of NeoOffice fixes the following bugs:
NeoOffice would sometimes crash when quitting.
When saving .ods files that were originally created in OpenOffice or LibreOffice, NeoOffice would require the user to reset the password for each protected sheet.
When clicking on cells in .ods files that were originally created in LibreOffice, NeoOffice would fail to select any cells in protected sheets.
NeoOffice would draw punctuation characters in Japanese vertical text in the wrong position and with horizontal font glyphs.
When querying for null values in spreadsheet data sources, empty cells would be treated as if they were not null.
When sending a mail merge to a file instead of to the printer, NeoOffice would fail to create the mail merge file.
What is new in version 2014.8:
This version fixes the following bug when running NeoOffice on OS X Yosemite: when exporting a document to PDF, all text in the document that uses a Type 1 font would not be displayed in the exported PDF.
What is new in version 2014.7:
This version of NeoOffice adds support for OS X's native "speak selected text" feature. With this new feature, NeoOffice speaks your document's selected text when you press OS X's "speak selected text" key shortcut.
This version also includes fixes for the following bugs:
- When opening a new document while in full screen mode, the new document window would be displayed as a normal window instead of a full screen window
- After closing a full screen document window, in certain cases all windows would not be visible and only the active document's menubar would be visible
- When in a Calc document, merged cells could not be selected using the Shift and arrow keys
- When in a Calc document, editing a cell that has been scrolled off the edge of the document window would cause the cell's formula to be drawn in the wrong position
- When in a Calc document, the NeoOffice > Services menu would use text from the last selected combobox instead of the currently selected cell
- When in a Writer document, the NeoOffice > Services menu would use the last selected text even after unselecting all text
What is new in version 2014.6:
This version of NeoOffice includes fixes for the following bugs that occur when running on OS X Yosemite:
- NeoOffice would occasionally hang while editing a table in a Base database
- Clicking any hyperlinks that point to a file would fail to open the linked file
- When the user's language is Hebrew or Arabic, NeoOffice would draw text on top of the drop down button in comboboxes and popup buttons
What is new in version 2014.5:
- After saving an .odp document, all bullet characters would be hidden when the document was reopened in NeoOffice, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- After saving certain .odt documents, some pages would be hidden when the document was reopened in NeoOffice, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- After opening a document that contains a link to an unreadable or nonexistent .ods document, clicking on the linked .ods document would cause NeoOffice to crash