Dialectic is a versatile tool that unites your Mac, data, and phones (mobile, landline, & VoIP) enabling you to be more productive. It allows you to find, select & dial numbers using many devices and services. With robust dialing rules, it determines the call type (e.g., local or long-distance), transforms the number as required (adds prefixes to the number, etc.) and routes it to the appropriate phone. When dialing, it can automatically configure your system (e.g., pause iTunes, change iChat's status, etc.) and restore it when the call is done. There's also an Address Book menu providing system-wide access to your contacts. Quickly see information, copy or insert it into your current document, initiate a call or email, find addresses on a map & more. Dialectic integrates with most contact managers, databases, & other applications, has a comprehensive call log, notepad, call timer, & much, much more. With its AppleScript support it is easily integrated into your workflow.
What is new in this release:
- v1.12.4 — March 10, 2016
- Added support for Daylite 6.
- Added support for MegaPath VoIP service.
- Added support for the transition of legacy Speakeasy accounts to MegaPath accounts (if you were transitioned from a legacy Speakeasy VoIP account to a MegaPath account, make sure to append “@speakeasy.net” to your username).
- Added Apple Maps as a mapping option.
- Streamlined postal address mapping options to just Apple Maps & Google Maps.
- Updated and signed the Dialectic Firefox Extension to allow it to load on the latest version of Firefox.
- Improved handling of duplicate contacts in AB Menu.
- Fixed several cosmetic issues and minor code inefficiencies.
What is new in version 1.12.3:
- Fixed an issue that prevented logging in to Google Voice on some OS X 10.11 El Capitan systems.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Groups submenu from working correctly in the AB menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Polycom IP phone dialing script from actually completing the dial request.
- Fixed an issue that prevented external startup, before & after dialing, and incoming call scripts from running correctly on some OS X 10.11 El Capitan systems.
- Worked around the discontinuation of the Skype Desktop API for dialing the Skype application.
What is new in version 1.12.2:
- Fixed a bug that could result in a crash when using the Asterisk Dial Method.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent initialization of analog USB modems on some systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Dialectic HTTP server to be unresponsive.
- Updated the default to not pause iTunes on dialing. If this is important to you, it can be re-enabled in the Dialing preferences. (The change was made because, on some systems, the communication with iTunes, if it was launched but not playing audio at the time of dialing, could result in a several second delay while Dialectic waited for a response from iTunes.)
- Updated the Google Chrome extension on the resources page.
- In our testing, analog USB modems that work on OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and earlier do not appear to be recognized by OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). As such, Dialectic can’t access these modems on OS X 10.11 systems for either dialing or incoming call monitoring. We hope to address this issue in an upcoming release. If modem support is important to you, you may want to withhold upgrading to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) until this issue is resolved.
What is new in version 1.11:
- v1.11 — January 12, 2015
- Reinstated support for OS X 10.8+. This version will now work on OS X 10.8 - 10.10 (Yosemite).
- Added support for the Bria Stretto softphone.
- Improved Dialectic Remote Dialing reliability.
- Improved Dialectic broadcast notification reliability.
- Improved crash reporter reliability & functionality.
- Enhanced reliability of dialing from third-party applications.
- Fixed dialing the telephone softphone.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent incoming or outgoing call broadcasts from starting.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the remote HTTP server from starting.
- Removed dependencies to some extras so on launch, if obsolete extras are found, you may be prompted to remove them and this may require an admin username & password to complete.
- Made many minor interface improvements.
- Updated & augmented the documentation.
What is new in version 1.10.2:
- Changed the menu bar icons to better reflect the appearance of system menu items and to correctly handle Yosemite's light or dark appearance schemes.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent or delay dialing on some softphones including Skype.
What is new in version 1.10:
- Completely updated for OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility.
- Note: the minimum OS X support is now OS X 10.10. If you need to use Dialectic with earlier OS X versions (from 10.5.8 - 10.9.x), you can still download v1.9.2 here.
- Added reminder to update any scripts or applications used as helpers (AppleScript Dial Method scripts, preprocessing scripts, etc.).
- Added Configuration Utility feature to get the latest configuration tools from the resources page and automatically configure Dialectic without leaving the application (this feature will run on first launch and can subsequently be accessed from the main Dialectic menu).
- Improved support for CounterPath softphones (Bria, X-Lite, & eyeBeam).
- Modified the pre-dialing script feature to be able to modify the Location and other settings before actually dialing the current call.
- Significantly improved the Address Book menu performance & stability and enhanced the interface.
- Rewrote nearly all existing resources and posted more utilities, tools, & extensions to the resources page (http://www.jonn8.com/dialectic/resources/).
- Updated & augmented the documentation.
- Numerous minor fixes & optimizations.
- Note: due to the considerable interface changes required, localizations other than English have been removed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to add localized support again soon.
Fully functional for 14-days.