moneyGuru is a personal finance management application. With it, you can evaluate your financial situation so you can make informed (and thus better) decisions. Most finance applications have the same goal, but moneyGuru's difference is in the way it achieves it. Rather than having reports which you have to configure (or find out which pre-configured report is the right one), your important financial data (net worth, profit) is constantly up-to-date and "in your face". This allows you to constantly make informed decision rather than doing so periodically. If you want to quickly see what moneyGuru is about, take a look at this screencast demonstrating its main features.
Get it done right. moneyGuru is loosely based on the double-entry accounting system, where every account -- including income and expenses -- is a first class account, not just a category. It allows for a lot of flexibility in finance management strategies (such as cash management).
Get it done fast. moneyGuru has a very efficient navigation and edition system which allows you to painlessly go around your accounts and transactions and modify them. Keyboard shortcuts are neatly designed and efficient. Values are auto-completed when it makes sense. Date edition uses a special widget that lets you edit dates with the least possible number of keystrokes, regardless of your date format.
What is new in this release:
- Fix crash on loading files with inconsistent currencies. (#442)
- Fix crash on saving file to non-existing folder. (#445)
What is new in version 2.9.3:
- Fix crash on startup. [Mac]
What is new in version 2.9.0:
- Add "+" button in the tab bar [Linux, Windows] (#424)
- Add API for import plugins (#420)
- Add Russian localization (with documentation!) (Igor Fokusov)
- Improve plugin system by introducing a "core plugins" concept (#429)
- Improve currency rates fetching by diversifying sources (#415)
- Improve reliability of automated tests [Windows] (#417)
- Optimize amount column sizes in single-currency cases [Linux, Windows] (#414)
- Remember panels position and size [Linux, Windows] (#364)
- Make Schedule Panel's stop date field clearable (#400)
- Fix various UI glitches [Linux, Windows] (#418, #413, #411)
- Fix crash when importing empty files (#416) (#408)
What is new in version 2.8.2:
- Fix amount cell painting which didn't work properly. [Windows] (#407)
- Fix import window's checkbox cell which would sometimes wrongly go in edit mode. [Linux, Windows] (#406)
- Fix chart visibility glitch in account view. [Mac] (#357)
- Add a --no-ext build option. (#408)
What is new in version 2.8.1:
- Fix amount deletion bug on drag & drop transaction re-ordering. [Linux, Windows] (#402)
- Fix bug where clicking account-jumping arrows would lead to the wrong place. [Linux, Windows] (#404)
What is new in version 2.8.0:
- Make amount fields prettier. Thanks Nelson Brown! [Windows, Linux] (#14 #15)
- In sheets, make totals' currency explicit when in multi-currency context. (#392)
- Add "Assign imbalance" button to the Transaction panel. (#398)
- Fix glitch in sheets expanded nodes restoration. [Mac] (#388)
- Fix a QIF transaction matching bug.
- Fix account selection glitch causing the account to lose focus. [Windows, Linux]
- Fix IndexError on file switching. [Windows, Linux] (#393)
- Remove Cashculator integration. It was broken anyway. [Mac]
- Greatly improve developer documentation.
- Minimum OS X version is now Lion (10.7).
- Minimum Windows version is now Windows 7. 64-bit required.
- Minimum Ubuntu version is now 14.04.