View your accounts all in one place. Our completely reimagined interface makes it easier than ever to see where you can save more and spend less.
Save time and money. Quicken automatically categorizes transactions so you can see where your money's going and pay down debt.
Avoid pesky overdraft and late fees. See your current balance, including upcoming bills and paychecks so you always know where you stand.
What is new in this release:
- Calendar view of transactions
- View your past transactions and future reminders. See when something happened and what's coming up next with transaction details and a daily running balance. Filter down to specific accounts to monitor your cash flow. Click on any transaction to go directly to your register.
- New Reports
- Net Worth Over Time Report - Get the big picture of your finances by looking at the balance of Assets vs. Liabilities over time.
- Payee Summary Report - See exactly where your money is going. Start with comprehensive list of all payees by money spent then instantly drill down to just the payee (or payer) you're interested in.
- Improved report customization (all reports) - The report customization panel has been completely redesigned. Creating and saving custom reports is easier than ever. In addition, the Category Summary report can now include Asset & Liability accounts.
- Enhanced Payee List / Payee Management
- Taming your payees list has never been easier. Choose the Window > Payees menu item and rename payees, merge similar payee names, and hide the names you no longer want to see in your auto-complete lists. Each payee now indicates how many times it's been used and you can click this usage number to instantly see a report for that payee.
- Mobile alerts now show in Quicken (and in Mac Notification Center)
- Those of you that use the mobile app can now get alerts right in Quicken. All the alerts for the accounts you sync (Low Balance, Unusual Spending, Large Purchases, Large Deposits, Bank Fees and more) now appear on the new Alert view as well as in your Mac's Notification Center. Turn on mobile sync and check out the alert settings in Preferences to use this feature.
- More control over security price downloads.
- By default, Quicken will update all security prices when a document is opened and every 60 minutes thereafter. If this is too often for you, you can now go to Preferences > General and turn off this feature and only get quotes when you need them. Plus there is now an easy-to-find Update Quotes button right on the Portfolio view.
- If an attachment can't be uploaded, you are now warned, but syncing to the cloud continues.
- All the custom keyboard shortcuts you use in the register date controls have been added to the reconcile date controls. Now the Starting Balance and Ending Balance date fields will act just like the register date fields.
- Improved matching of downloaded transactions.
- Continued improvements to Quicken Windows file conversion (and converter application).
- Fixed issue where running balance and account balance were not automatically updated after editing a transaction (until you resorted/refreshed the register view).
- Fixed an issue where "buy" transactions from certain Vanguard accounts increased the cash balance of an account.
- Fixed an issue where a newly entered transaction was not automatically sorted by date.
- Fixed an issue where mobile app showed "no payee" for Opening Balance transaction.
- Fixed an issue where deleted Reminder would remain on Bills graph until page closed and reopened.
- Fixed an issue where a renamed payee was not used on subsequent downloads.
- Fixed an issue where transactions converted from a Quicken Windows or Quicken 2007 data file could be duplicated by downloaded transactions after setting up automatic download in Quicken 2015.
- Fixed an issue where a deleted account could reappear after a mobile sync.
- Fixed an issue where changing the download method of certain accounts could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where a downloaded transaction dragged to another account retained attributes that no longer applied to the transaction.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if you checked the "Rename all..." checkbox while editing the payee for a transaction, then changed the transaction type to be an investment type (Buy, Sell, etc).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when hovering the mouse cursor over a register column header on OS X 10.7.
- Fixed an issue where the Tax Schedule Report was incorrectly subtracting the commission twice on a Sell transaction, resulting in incorrect Proceeds and Capital Gains values.
- The Security List window will now stay in focus after merging securities.
- Improved TurboTax export.
- Improved mobile sync.
What is new in version 2.2:
- Added a new feature to help you get setup for automatic downloads.
- Choose Accounts > Setup Automatic Downloads and we'll help you get your existing Quicken accounts setup for Automatic Download when available. If you've recently converted from Quicken Windows or Quicken for Mac 2007 and have had trouble downloading, please give this new tool a try.
A ton of Download Matching improvements. For all of you that both manually enter transactions and download from the same account.
- Investing transaction matching! Now manually entered investing transactions will match downloaded transactions. No more manual matching required (though you can still drag-and-drop to match transactions if something is missed).
- Much improved transaction matching for cash & credit accounts. We've completely overhauled our download matching logic. Users that enter manual transactions and also download from the same accounts should see significant improvements.
- Transfer matching. We now attempt to detect matches when you edit a downloaded transaction to make it into a transfer.
- And how could we improve matching without doing the same for Un-matching: Added the ability to un-match a transaction even if you've already edited the matched transaction.
- Merge Securities: Added the ability to merge securities in the Security List. If you see duplicates of the same security in your Portfolio or Security List, you can now merge them to have just one instance. This could also (optionally) be used in the case of a ticker symbol change for merging the old and new symbols while preserving the price history.
- Multiple file import: You can now import more than one 2007 or Quicken Windows file into an existing Quicken Mac 2015 file. (Previously the import option would not be available after the import of the first file.)
- Account Sync options: Now you can choose which Cash & Credit accounts to sync. (Previously we'd sync all Cash & Credit accounts if you turned on the Mobile option.)
- Import Backups: Now we automatically create a backup of your 2007 or Quicken Windows .QXF file prior to import. You can find these backup files by going to Help > Show backups
- New keyboard shortcut: (Ctrl + O) open a register or report in a new window. (Note that you can always double-click on any register or report in the sidebar to open it in a new window)
- Added reset option to Bill Reminder filter bar
- System date setting is now used for register date field.
- Fixed multiple issues with Quicken Windows and Quicken 2007 import--including the creation of duplicate securities during 2007 import. (Big thanks to all of you who submitted error reports and data files to help us fix these problems.)
- Fixed issue that prevented download from Navy Federal Credit Union
- Fixed issue where filters set in an Investing register transactions view was impacting Portfolio view
- Fixed issue in Bill Reminder view where a transfer reminder caused an incorrect projected balance (total and graph) when multiple accounts were selected
- Fixed error when trying to delete an account
- Many mobile sync fixes and improvements
- Fixed issue where deleting or changing a category could cause a non-recoverable sync error
- Fixed issue where performing a mobile reset could cause an error on subsequent syncs
- Fixed issue where alert preferences could be returned to default after a mobile reset
- Fixed issue where doing a mobile sync from a duplicate file (or backup file) could cause an error
- Fixed issue that could result in a synced account to no longer show up on mobile if the financial institution or connect method changed.
- Fixed issue that could cause the Sync progress screen to hang after entering an incorrect password
- Fixed multiple crash issues including:
- Crash when using right-click filter bar or overview charts
- Crash when trying to rename a file
- Crash when importing a Quicken Essentials file that contained unexpected characters in category names
- Fixed issue where Bill Reminder graph might draw incorrectly in Mac OS 10.7
- Fixed multiple issues in setup flows including improved messaging for incorrect or invalid passwords
- Fixed issue where price per share was not updating when editing a Sell Bonds transactions
- We now ignore the "Automatically insert decimal point" preference in the investing "Shares" field (only)
- A few tweaks for Yosemite (including an error where the Spending Over Time report was out of alignment)