Pixelmator is an image editor for Mac OS X that allows you to create, edit, and enhance your images. Interface designed for work with images, layers-based image editing, use over 20 tools for selecting, crop, painting, retouching, typing, measuring, and navigation. Use over 15 color correction tools, use over 50 filters, adjust image size and resolution. Transform images, layers or selections using transform tools, fill and stroke images, layers or selections, photo browser offers quick access to iPhoto Library, events, albums, smart albums, and pictures folder. Use your iSight camera to add pictures to your compositions. Includes automator actions for converting, resizing, enhancing, adding special effects, and transforming images. Image processing is powered by core image and open GL.
What is new in this release:
- The smart Quick Selection Tool lets you select even the most challenging areas with a single brushstroke.
- The new Magnetic Selection Tool snaps to the edges you trace, so that you can make detailed selections quickly and precisely.
- The new Pixelmator Retouch Extension for Photos adds a full set of powerful retouching tools to your Photos app.
What is new in version 3.4.3:
- Faster performance when moving layers in Transform mode.
- The app would sometimes quit unexpectedly when applying effects that add noise - Noise, Vintage, Snow, and Rain. We fixed them
- Fixed missing metadata when sharing images to the Photos app.
- When editing images with a large number of layers, the canvas would sometimes disappear. Fixed.
What is new in version 3.4.2:
- Gradients in 16-bit images now look much smoother.
- Improved support for 16-bit Photoshop images.
- Effect previews in the Effects Browser look sharper.
What is new in version 3.4:
- Pixelmator now works great on OS X El Capitan.?
- The new Pixelmator Photos Extension brings powerful, Metal-based Distort tools to your Photos app.?
- Split View lets you use Pixelmator and any other app side-by-side in full screen.?
- Enhanced Force Touch support makes painting with Force Touch trackpad even smoother.?
- San Francisco is the new user interface font.?
- Other improvements and fixes.
What is new in version 3.3.1:
- Pinch to zoom support.
- Resize and scroll features added to Shapes, Gradients, and Styles palettes.
- The horizontal scrollbar is now properly visible, as is the document's bottom side.
- The Info bar now displays X and Y coordinates properly.
- Fixed an issue where Control-clicking the canvas doesn't bring up the shortcut menu.
- Double-clicking the title bar now minimizes the app when "Double-click a window's title bar to minimize" is selected in System Preferences.
- Changing palettes' size is now way faster and more responsive.
- The Zoom Tool's slider is now more responsive.
- Pixelmator folder didn't always appear on iCloud Drive. We've fixed it.
- No more memory leaks with Magic Wand and Paint Bucket, which means they work faster now.
- Fixed effects' rope glitches while moving the rope handle.
- Clicking the Close All option no longer corrupts the palettes.
- Fixes related to stability and reliability, including issues that could cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly or hang in these situations:
- When using Pixelmator actions in Automator. Also, we've improved the Fit Images action output quality.
- When exporting image to JPEG and PNG file formats.
- When exporting slices.
- When copying or pasting grouped layers with other than an sRGB color profile.
What is new in version 3.3:
- Redesigned Interface: A new look and feel inspired by OS X Yosemite.
- OS X Yosemite Support: Complete OS X Yosemite new features and technology support.
- Handoff Support: Instantly switch between Pixelmator on your Mac and iPad.
- iCloud Drive Support: Safely store and access your images on all devices.
- Pixelmator for iPad: Fully compatible to work seamlessly with Pixelmator for iPad.
- Repair Tool Extension: Quickly fix images outside Pixelmator in apps like Mail or TextEdit.