Xcatalog is a bi-directional data linking tool that creates transparent links between your documents and databases. Once links are established, it can update any type of published data almost instantly. Use Xcatalog to update product graphics, prices, descriptions, language localizations - anything in your document. With bi-directional links, you never have to enter or update your data in two places (documents and database) - you simply update one or the other from the most current version.
Linked elements can be moved between documents and libraries freely without loss of linkage. And links don't affect layout or typography. InCatalog Pro is the ODBC-capable version of InCatalog and can update documents directly from any ODBC-accessible database (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Access, etc.).
What is new in this release:
Fixes a problem introduced in the 3.7 release where updating a picture box with an empty path would leave the current picture instead of removing it.
What is new in version 3.8.2:
- Fixes undo and redo menu entries for link changes.
- Fixes a problem where Xcatalog Data Linker changes were being ignored after pressing a field hot key.
- Addresses an update problem which could, in rare cases, leave a text link in a discombobulated state and add random-looking text after the link.
- Fixes interactive spread updating to include text boxes that have a link to a text box on a previous spread. Before, a spread update would ignore a text box unless it was the first text box in the linked text box chain.
What is new in version 3.6:
- Adds support for QuarkXPress 10 (Windows only, for now). The QuarkXPress 10 XTension requires a valid Xcatalog 10-level license. Please contact our sales department to purchase an upgrade license or to obtain a free upgrade if you purchased Xcatalog within the last six months.
- Removes support for QuarkXPress 8. Download links for Xcatalog 3.5.4, the final version for QuarkXPress 8, can be found in the side-bar on the Xcatalog 3.5.4 Release page. While we will no longer fix problems in or add features to this older version, we will continue to support the people using it.
- Fixes direct connections to FileMaker Pro 13. (Mac only)
- Fixes a problem where pictures that used to update from FileMaker Pro container fields started producing "error -1700? (coercion failure) with the Xcatalog 3.1.1 release.
- Adds .mer as as snapshot file type for FileMaker Pro 12 compatibility.
- Adds a tagger palette warning for when a link's indirect key can't be found, which indicates that there's no link with a direct key (key from link or key from content) within reach of the link with the indirect key (key from group or key from text) and that the indirect link will fall back to using its own key (key from link).
- Switches back to the OS's native 8-bit encoding if Unicode was selected as the update's encoding but the incoming (narrow) text doesn't appear to be valid UTF-8. This change should mean that an encoding no longer needs to be specified for normal ODBC connections (which default to Unicode/UTF-8).
- Fixes a problem where the Xcatalog preference for the selected change marks style would revert to underline.