Neat Image is a digital filter designed to reduce visible noise and grain in digital photographic images. It is a tool for owners of digital cameras, flatbed and slide scanners; and is for use by both professional photographers, and digital image processing enthusiasts. Neat Image not only reduces the high ISO noise associated with image sensors in digital cameras and scanners, it can also reduce the film grain visible in scanned slides and negatives, JPEG artifacts of overcompressed images, and color banding, and at the same time makes images sharper. Neat Image is indispensable in low-light, wedding, sport, and action photography. The quality of noise reduction provided by Neat Image is higher than that of all other methods.
What is new in this release:
- Improved compatibility with the latest versions of Aperture
- Added support for the coming Mac OS X 10.10
- Added support for AMD GPUs based on Pitcairn, Tahiti and Hawaii chip series, for example, R9 270, R9 280, R9 290 etc.
The following AMD/ATI GPUs remain supported as well:
- ATI Radeon HD 5770/5870;
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M/6770M/6970M;
- AMD Radeon HD 7950 Mac;
- AMD FirePro D300/D500/D700;
- Some other models of AMD/ATI cards
- Improved metadata (EXIF) compatibility with Apple devices (such as iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Improved tolerance to corrupted EXIF metadata
- Several minor bugs have been fixed
Aperture 3.0+ / 2.1+
Only part of image is processed