Deep Notes is a simple hierarchical note pad. You can use it to outline ideas, make "to do" lists, or whatever else might need jotting down in a list, hierarchical or not.
Its keyboard shorcuts were designed to let you edit, navigate and control your outline without taking your hands off the keyboard, so you don't have to interrupt your creative flow and can get on with typing.
What is new in this release:
- Requires Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
- Deep Notes documents are now indexed by Spotlight.
- Re-implemented printing:
- Printing now includes all items regardless of whether or not they are expanded.
- Long items are wrapped into multiple lines as necessary.
- Printing font and use of colours can be set in the Preferences.
- Document is no longer centred on the page.
- Page setup is now stored for each document.
- Favourite colours are now shown directly in the toolbar, allowing access with one click.
- Favourite colours can be used by pressing Command-1, Command-2, etc.
- Fixed bugs that could occur while editing content and structure.
- Multiple entries can now be copied to the clipboard, which preserves indentation where possible.
- Multiple entries can now be cut. This will include children of selected entries.
- Dragging to a text destination will no longer include all children, only the exact selected items.
- Changed some keyboard shortcuts to simplify them and to be in line with behaviour on Mac OS X 10.4:
- The Right and Left arrows now expand and collapse items.
- Command-Right and Command-Left can be used to indent and outdent, in addition to Tab and Shift-Tab.
- Command-Option-Right moves the selection into a new item.
- There is no longer a key for selecting the parent of the selection, since the Left arrow is now used to collapse items. Let me know if you miss this functionality.
- Using Control-Up and Control-Down now scrolls the selected row into view if necessary.
- Added optional toolbar items for moving up, down, in and out.
- Redesigned toolbar icons.
- Uses the unified title/toolbar look.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher