Logframer 2.0 is a free project design and project management application. As its name suggests, Logframer uses the basic structure of the logical framework or logframe to describe various components of a project, such as the objectives, the activities, the resources as well as possible external influences on the project (risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies). But that doesn't mean you are obliged to use a logframe approach.
Logframer allows you to:
Bring all project-related information together in a single document: objectives, activities, resources, planning, budget, target groups, partner organisations, etc. Identify your target groups and make tools to register different types of beneficiaries or clients Design the basic structure of your project (project logic or intervention logic) Identify assumptions, internal and external dependencies and risks and develop tools to monitor risks during your project Choose indicators to measure progress and results, plan monitoring and evaluation deadlines and reporting and develop tools to monitor progress and results during and after your project Plan activities and processes using a Gantt chart Establish the budget of your project and indicate how many resources you need for each activity and output Manage contact information about your partners and staff so that you can quickly communicate with them Export all this information to Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel, so you can easily create funding proposals, training materials.
Logframer 2.0 is designed to replace the usual tools for designing a logical framework, such as MS Excel and Word. It also makes sharing easier because all the essential information of your project is gathered in one single file.
What is new in this release:
- New Project information window with title, duration, overview of target groups, monitoring and evaluation planning (of indicators and risks) and partners and contacts
- Improved logical framework:
- Ability to show/hide sections as well as columns
- Ability to work with individual activities as well as processes with sub-activities (unlimited sub-levels)
- Ability to add sub-indicators to indicators (unlimited sub-levels)
- 17 different types of indicators
- Inclusion of baseline and multi-year targets (only one target possible in previous versions)
- Assumptions column with RAID typology: add Risks, Assumptions and Dependencies
- Resources can be linked to various budget itemsl. Allows calculation of (approx.) budget needed for each activity and output.
- Dynamic Planning window that allows to add and modify key moments, processes and activities in a Gantt chart (MS Project style). Replaces the previous static Planning window that only served to give an overview but didn't allow any modifications
- New Budget window that allows the design of simple and multi-year budgets
- New and improved tools:
- Automatic generation of Monitoring tool
- Improved risk register
- Budget templates
- New Microsoft Office-style ribbon
- Multi-document interface, allowing to open more than one project at a time.
- Office-style copy/paste ribbon and ability to copy text from other applications
- Collaboration tools: contact people via mail, e-mail or Skype
- Ability to import budgets made in MS Excel
- Improved performance in general interface (rendering) and print previews
- Interface in English, French and Dutch
- Reviewed undo/redo mechanism
- Complete review of code
What is new in version 1.3:
- Import logframes from MS Word documents
- Export reports to MS Word documents with a wizard that allows you to import a report at the beginning/end of a document or after a bookmark.
- Export new reports to MS Word documents:
- The table of resources
- The project's planning
- The list of partner organisations
- The target group identification forms
- Autosave feature
Microsoft .NET framework 4.0