With OmniPlan, you can create logical, manageable project plans with Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical paths. Break down the tasks needed to make your project a success, optimize resources, and streamline budgets. It's project management made painless.
What is new in this release:
Outlines -- Addressed a bug that could cause outline text to disappear or appear black.
What is new in version 3.7.3:
- Printing Date headers are once again included when printing the Gantt Chart.
- Stability Opening the Display Preferences on a Mac running OS X 10.10 no longer triggers a crash.
What is new in version 3.3.3:
HTML Export -- HTML reports now export from the Reports window properly.
What is new in version 3.3:
- Microsoft Project — OmniPlan now supports importing Microsoft Project 2016 files!
- Microsoft Project — Addressed various Microsoft Project import/export issues.
- Microsoft Project — Microsoft Project files now import correctly when OmniPlan is running in German.
- Import — The Standard version of OmniPlan successfully imports OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle files again.
- Dashboard — Saving a file opened from Dashboard no longer results in an error message.
- Network View — Deleting a group task node in the Network View no longer leaves ghost task nodes behind.
- Network View — View Option changes are now saved when navigating away from Network View.
- Network View — Limited the list of available View Option values to values that display reasonably in the Network View. (If you’d like to be able to display additional values in Network View, please let us know!)
- Network View — Rapidly adding new tasks in the Network diagram no longer creates tasks at different dependency levels.
- Network View — Addressed a bug that could cause connection lines to need to be redrawn.
- Gantt View — Addressed an issue that could cause milestones to be draw slightly to the left of a date line.
- Resource View — Addressed a bug that could cause Resource View not to refresh properly.
- Reports — Headers in Bright Template now export to PDF correctly.
- Zoom — Zooming in via keyboard shortcut now zooms in to your current selection. If nothing is selected, zoom centers on current view.
- Window Position — New document windows now open in correct location.
- Dates — Fiscal years setting in Date Preferences is now remembered on relaunch.
- OmniPresence Sync — Opening a project synced from OmniPlan for iOS via OmniPresence no longer switches the iOS project theme from Light to Dark.
- Localization — All instances of “duration” are now translated properly in the French localization.
- Pro Upgrade — Toolbar buttons and menu bar items now update properly after Pro upgrade is purchased.
- Stability — Closing an empty dashboard no longer causes a crash.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when reverting changes or reverting to a saved version of a file.
- Stability — Control-return in task outline no longer causes a crash.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a file containing a dependency loop.
- Stability — Addressed a crash that could occur when selecting “Revert to Save” on a previously saved file in full-screen mode.
What is new in version 3.2.1:
- Date Parsing -- Entering duration or effort as "1 S" in French now results in 1 week instead of 1 second.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a project in full-screen mode.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that could occur when reloading the Dashboard.
- Zoom -- Addressed buggy zoom behavior when using "Scale to Fit Selection."
- Scheduling -- Addressed an issue calculating task completion when reloading a project.
- Scheduling -- Addressed an issue calculating total cost for individual resources within an assigned resource group after leveling.
- Scheduling -- When a task is set to "Adjust Effort" and effort is manually changed, duration is now updated properly.
What is new in version 3.2:
- Dashboard Printing (Pro) — Multi-project dashboards can now be printed, both to physical printers and to PDF files.
- Zoom Shortcuts — Added keyboard shortcuts for the existing Scale to Fit Project and Scale to Fit Selection menu items. Also added new Zoom In and Zoom Out menu items with their own keyboard shortcuts. (It’s also still possible to drag the dividers between time periods in the Gantt’s header to change the scale.)
- OmniPresence Documentation — Added documentation explaining how to use OmniPresence to sync documents between Mac and iOS devices.
- Project Overview — Fixed an issue where the overview bar would not update if you navigated around the project by clicking a task chevron.
- Dashboards — Fixed a bug where Dashboards always opened in Gantt comparison view, even if the bar chart view was last selected.
- Inspectors — Fixed a bug where scrollbars would overlap the inspector on launch.
- Inspectors — Fixed an issue where a soft return could cause an inspector’s text field to be cut off.
- Inspectors — Inspector field should now populate with details for the selected item when showing the Inspector sidebar.
- Inspectors — Fixed a bug where the start date of a task couldn’t be locked via the inspector.
- Contextual Menu — Fixed a bug where the “Add Group” item in the contextual menu would add a milestone instead of a group.
- Task Assignments — Fixed an issue where tasks set to “Adjust Task Effort” would display incorrect effort when opening a project with resource assignments other than 100%.
- Performance — Improved the performance of changes to some project schedules.
- Localizations — Fixed a bug where “Zoom In” and “Zoom Out” were not localized in the view menu.
- Stability — Fixed a crash encountered when reverting to saved while closing a window when “Ask to keep changes when closing documents” was enabled in System Preferences.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when OmniPlan tries to layout the timeline multiple times after adding a new task.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur while trying to use the “Contact Omni” menu item when a Dashboard was the most forefront window.
- Stability — Fixed a hang that could occur while editing a resource’s Cost per Hour value when that resource had a 0% assignment to a task.
- Stability — Fixed a hang that could occur when rescheduling tasks.
- Stability — Fixed a hang when using the Scale to Fit Project feature in the Gantt Chart.
- Stray Log Message — Fixed a stray console log message about not finding an image named OAInfoTemplate.
What is new in version 3.0.2:
- Launch Crash -- Fixed a crash sometimes encountered when launching the app.
What is new in version 2.4.1:
- In-App Help Documentation -- The in-app help has been updated with new images and improved documentation on certain features.
- Scrolling -- Fixed a bug where the horizontal scroll bar would obscure the last task in a project.
- Granularity Setting -- The Project Information inspector now updates correctly when the granularity setting has been changed.
- Leveling -- In some cases, v2.4 produced different leveling results compared to 2.3.7 due to a previous leveling fix. The results are now consistent.
- Leveling -- Fixed a bug where automatic leveling could adjust baseline dates.
- Change Tracking -- Realigned the Accept All & Reject All toolbar buttons to the right side of the Change Tracking toolbar.
- Change Tracking -- The Change Tracking toolbar buttons were missing in localized versions of OmniPlan.
- Localization -- Corrected the Spanish translation of "Task" to "Tarea".
- Localization -- "Task" and "Resource" are now displayed in Chinese when using Chinese localizations.
- Localization -- Removed duplicate menu items for expand/collapse rows from Chinese localizations.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that would occur during file save.
- Stability -- Showing and hiding the Change Tracking view no longer crashes.
- Stability -- Removing a publishing action was crashing the app in rare cases.
- Stability -- Showing the Action menu in the Resource Information Inspector no longer crashes.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that occurred when parsing certain date formats in the Task Schedule Inspector.
- Stability -- OmniPlan no longer stalls when generating a large Quick Look preview during a file save.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash with updating completion percentages on tasks.
- Stability -- Choosing "Print Report" from the Print panel no longer crashes.