This 4-week fully functional demo of CLC Gene Workbench provides a wide range of advanced DNA sequence analyses, and is based on the same user-friendly and integrated software environment as CLC Free Workbench. Some analyses are
- Assembly of DNA sequencing data
- Graphically and algorithmically advanced primer design
- Molecular cloning
- Fully integrated 1D DNA Gel Simulator
- Automatic SNP annotation of sequences
- 2 types of alignments
- Motif search (known patterns)
- Motif search using regular expressions
- Motif search using ProSite patterns
- Pattern discovery (unknown patterns)
- Web based BLAST
- BLAST on local databases
- Batch processing of multiple analyses in one work-step
- Dot plots
- Hydrophobicity analyses
- Searches on GenBank and PubMed
- Detailed log of actions/analyses performed
What is new in this release:
- Translate to protein creates sequence lists as results when more than 10 sequences are produced. This greatly improves performance when translating large amounts of proteins
- It is now possible to specify the number formatting in tables in the View Preferences.
- Fixed: Downloading of protein sequences from NCBI fails.
- Fixed: Trimming tool in Sequencing Data Analysis does not add annotation to sequences when the full sequence should be discarded.
- Fixed: Opening external files (e.g. pdf files or Word documents) with spaces in the file name does not work on Windows.