AVG continues to deliver essential free antivirus protection with the launch of AVG AntiVirus 2015. It goes beyond simply detecting and removing viruses on your PC by blocking infected links as you browse, checking files before they're downloaded, and helping protect your personal data online and on your PC with enhanced privacy features. With 2015, we've improved our core engine and its accuracy, and included a new cloud-based detection method. And because we know that security is just as important as usability, AntiVirus 2015 features a revamped, easier-to-use design.
We've been hard at work optimizing our core engine to increase its detectionaccuracy. That includes better detection of screen-locker ransomware and improved scanning of all downloadable files to keep you safe from an exponentially expanding pool of threats.
And when a new online threat breaks out and spreads, the key to keeping you protected is the speed with which we can react. Our new Outbreak Detection gives us the tools to act immediately and curtail their spread. With AntiVirus 2015, you don't have to wait until the next virus-definition package is ready to be protected: the moment we know a threat's there, you're covered.
Finally, we believe security should be clean and simple to be effective, and we've put a lot of work in making sure AntiVirus 2015 is intuitive to use. Our new simplified design makes sure you know what needs your attention at a glance. Combined with our free comprehensive online support, you can be sure you're getting our best protection.
What is new in this release:
Fixed issue with reported crash of Identity protection component.
Minor text arrangements in UI dialogs.
What is new in version 2015.0.5961:
- Firewall supports Windows 10, and all upgrades from previous Windows versions to Windows 10.
- Minor text arrangements in UI dialogs.
- Fixed issue with Online Shield scanning blocking access certificate for www.unipass.co.uk.
- Fixed issue with Firewall blocking internet access when Banco do Brasil software (WinDivert) is installed.
What is new in version 2015.0.5863:
- Fixed issue with Online Shield / LinkScanner blocking print jobs on Ricoh printers.
What is new in version 2015.0.5736:
- Fixed possible problem with corrupted uploads.
- Fixed compatibility issue with third party TDI drivers.
- Updated file fiter now detects also MS Office 2010 files with four-letter extensions.
What is new in version 2015.0.5557:
- New graphic design of selected user interface dialogs.
- Improved distribution of updates due to unified HTTP communication protocol between application and update server.
- Descriptive texts added to some unlabeled icon-only buttons.
- Fixed security vulnerability issue in TDI driver (credit to Parvez Anwar).