Rise of Nations is an historical real-time strategy (RTS) game which combines the epic scope of traditional turn-based strategy (TBS) games with the fast-paced action of RTS games. The game allows players to create new cities, improve their city infrastructure and expand national borders. Players have the option to win through military might using everything from slingshots to cannons to stealth bombers, or they can corner the market on key commodities as they wheel and deal with a wide variety of nations.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed a crash bug when running under Mac OS X Tiger and QuickTime 7.1.2.
- Fixed some problems with decompressing ADPCM wave files.
- Fixed a problem with playing SFX or music data with file names longer than 31 characters.
- Added critical section code around QuickTime music playback system.
- Added a startup check to make sure Mac OS X sound output is set to 44 KHz, 16-bit.