TripleA is a free turn based strategy game and board game. Has single player vs ai/hot-seat, multiplayer through Play By Email, network play, and a hosted online lobby. Comes with multiple games, and over 100 more games and maps that can be downloaded from the user community. It is open source, needing only Java to run (can run on Windows, Mac, Linux, etc). Supports features such as savegames, encrypted dice gen, low luck, and many other options.
Recreate World War 2 with the Axis pushing through to Moscow and Japan devouring the Pacific, or recreate Napoleon's march across Europe, or Rome defeating the Carthaginian Empire, or even Sauron conquering Middle Earth, or Zombies taking over America. If you have ever played a game where you push little plastic or virtual pieces around, roll dice, conquer the lands of your enemy, and produce new pieces to conquer with, Then you will be able to jump right into TripleA.
An example game that comes included with TripleA is "Big World: 1942" A scenario loosely based on the year 1942 in World War 2. In Europe, Germany has Leningrad besieged, stands at the gates of Moscow, and is on the verge of defeat at Stalingrad. In the Pacific, Japan has expanded explosively but faces a possible turning point at Midway. Germany and Japan fight as the Axis pitted against the Allies of Russia, the United Kingdom, China, and the United States of America. Players will take control of these nations, using their armies, navies, and air forces to battle out who will control the world. Player have such units as Infantry, Artillery, Tanks, Fighters, Bombers, Transport ships, Submarines, Destroyers, Cruisers, Battleships, Aircraft Carriers, Anti-Aircraft Guns, and Factories. All of these units have special functions and features, and all attack and defend at differing values (represented by rolling a die for each unit and getting a certain number or less). Territories have different values, both strategically and production value, which can be used to produce more units to use the next turn. Players must work with their team mates, developing strategies and producing units to reach their ultimate goal: Victory.
What is new in this release:
- Host freezing and crashing fixed.
- TripleA now has Dedicated Servers, which allow hosting online games for people who do not know how to set up their own host.
- New games included: Chess, Checkers, and Go, as well as a huge update to Great War (world war 1 game).
- Battle Calculator updated to show far more information, and allow determining retreats and order of losses.
- New options in Edit Mode to change politics, and add units which can't normally be produced.
- Sounds now play for clients in online games.
- Fixed several bugs.
- Many new features, and many updates behind the scenes, as well as new features for mod creators.
- Can make a savegame at any point in history by right clicking that history node.
- New Keyboard Shortcuts: "F" for find units, which highlights all available units with movement left, "I" for unit/territory info, "N" for cycling through units with movement left, and "WASD" or arrow keys for scrolling around the map.
- New tabs: a Notes tab, and an Objectives tab, which shows all national objectives for any map which has them.
- TripleA now checks once per month if it is out of date, or if any of its maps are out of date, and informs you.