Ace Utilities is a set of system-maintenance and optimization utilities for enhancing Windows performance. Tools include Unneeded File Remover, for regaining valuable disk space, Registry Cleaner, for preventing application crashes, Startup Organizer, for preventing spy applications from running behind your back, History Eraser, for ensuring your privacy, Duplicate File Finder, for finding and removing duplicate files, Dead Shortcut Fixer, for fixing and removing shortcut and Start menu errors, Uninstaller Plus, for uninstalling applications correctly, Disk Analysis, for analyzing your hard disk, Secure Delete, for deleting files permanently, and Cookie and Plug-in managers, for erasing the history of more than 300 applications. Your computer will boot faster and run applications more smoothly. The program will help you delete your Internet cache, cookies, temp files, visited page history, and all other recent document info.
What is new in this release:
What is new in version 6.0:
- Added Microsoft Edge browser support. Clears Cache, Cookies, Recently Typed URLs, Saved Form Information (while cleaning Internet Explorer).
- 'Clean System Registry' modified to be compatible with Windows 10.
- Option to disable wipe skipping files on SSDs. Wipe files will not delete files on SSDs. Previously it deleted the files without wiping if on SSD.
- Improved Firefox Local Storage cleaning, Session cleaning and password cleaning.
- Improved Chrome Session cleaning and cache cleaning.
- Improved Opera Cookie cleaning and Session cleaning.
- Added and updated several plug-ins.
- Fixed issues in Auto Start Manager related to checking invalid entries in Windows 10.
- Fixed Auto Start Manager UI freeze on Windows 10 when selecting 'All'.
- Fixed startup speed in Disk Analysis tool on some systems without a physical floppy drive, but that is still enabled in the BIOS.
- Removed some themes previously provided for Ace Utilities UI.
- Modified the Ace Utilities installer.
- Modified the 'Registry Compactor' tool for Windows 10.
- Added options in the installer to enable/disable some entries for Ace Utilities in the Windows Explorer context menu.
- Added context menu option to open the folder of an item in 'Clean System Registry' tool.
- 'Registry Backup' (RegBak) is now compatible with Windows 10. Added option to backup the 'DRIVERS' hive.
- Added 'Cancel' button in the 'Disk Analysis' scan progress window.
- Fixed a crash in the 'Remove Junk Files' tool when the user stops scanning and closes the window.
- The 'Remove Junk Files' tool will now show files only at the end of the scan. This results in a slight gain in speed and less chance for a user interface-freeze.
- Added 'Mark one from each group' context menu for the 'Find duplicate folders' scan if the 'Include subfolders' option is also selected (on user request).
- Added some High DPI themes for systems with font size set to more than 150 dpi.
- Added a new progress bar style.
What is new in version 5.8:
- 'Erase Your History' tool now clears WebCache (Cache, History and Cookies) of Internet Explorer version 10 and above.
- Improved the check for Internet Explorer running in the background before erasing history.
- Internet browser history cleaning now supports Orbitum, Superbird, BlackHawk and Cyberfox browsers.
- 'Cookie Manager' now excludes some cookies of popular sites by default if no cookies are excluded by the user.
- Cookie Cleaning is enabled by default.
- Secure deletions now does not apply to files if they are in an SSD. Instead a normal delete is done for such files.
This applies to 'Wipe Recycle Bin', 'Securely Delete Files' tool and the wiping of files by 'Erase Your History'.
'Wipe Free Space' tool will not wipe the free disk space, but will wipe file slack space and deleted entries from MFT.
- Modified some plug-ins.
- Added plug-ins for cleaning 'Adobe Premiere Elements'.
- When checking for update, Ace Utilities notifies the user about license renewal if his current license has expired.
What is new in version 5.7:
- Changed the icon of RegBak; changed description text of some tools.
- Added options to reset the search options in the 'Find Duplicate Files'.
- Added a context menu option in Windows Explorer for the 'Disk Analysis' tool. Users can now view space usage of any folder or drive from Windows Explorer.
- Disk Analysis of Mapped Network drives can be done from Explorer context menu. UAC prevents some mapped network drives from being shown when Disk Analysis is launched from Ace Utilities.
- Fixed an error in the display of usernames in AutoStart Manager.
- Regbak now deletes the backup folder correctly.
What is new in version 5.6.1:
Version 5.6.1: Fixed an error in 'Clean System Registry' where using the tool with the 'Backup in zip format' option set would create a slightly corrupted zip file if it encountered a non-existent registry entry from the list. Fixed an error in 'color theme' loading. Fixed some errors in the 'backup in zip format' option for tools that allow it. Fixed the background color when showing items from the 'ignore-list', for tools that allow it, while scanning.