Printfil allows printing from DOS, Unix, Linux, host programs to any Windows printer, including USB, GDI, network printers, IP, fax printers and PDF writers, without changes to the original applications. Printfil can capture data sent to one or more parallel ports (PRN: , LPT1:-LPT9:), serial (COM1:-COM9:), or disk files, and automatically redirect print jobs to any Windows printer, even if it's physically connected to the captured port and/or a USB printer, with no COM/LPT ports physically installed on your PC, and even if a DOS program is run through a DOS emulator like DOSBox, vDos, TameDOS etc. Printfil also allows: ; include logos or other images stored in separate files; use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for example) as well as normal characters; colorize the text; preview printing; print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers; print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-columns printers; send DOS print jobs via fax by using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax, or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer; export print jobs in PDF format, even with encryption and password protection, and send them via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program or a SMTP server, with or without user intervention; use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers); print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (graphs, drawings) and FAST print on matrix printers (like in the DOS age); archive a copy of all the captured jobs; print to multiple printers simultaneously. All this without changes to your applications. If you've host based programs (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba) or a Terminal Emulator, and Printfil.
What is new in this release:
1. Added integration with the vDos emulator ; 2. New DosPrint utility available to simplify Running and Printing DOS programs on 64-bit ; 3. New Montly Licenses, that work just like the Standard ones, but they cost a tenth and last 30 days ; 4. More news at https://www.printfil.com/enews117.htm ;
What is new in version 5.21:
Version 5.21: 1. Capture print jobs sent to COM1: ... COM9: (9 serial ports) in addition to print jobs sent to LPT1: ... LPT9: (9 parallel ports), even in DOSBox; 2. Improved function to run external plugins; 3. Improved German and French interface.
What is new in version 5.20:
1. When creating PDF files out of your DOS print jobs now you can specify even the PDF/A format ;
2. When emailing PDF files now you can automatically attach an additional file ;
3. Easily reprint archived jobs ;
4. Improved Duch interface ;
What is new in version 5.18:
1. Added support for Windows Server 2012 R2 ;
2. Added support for the newer DOSBox SVN Daum, in addition to DOSBox MegaBuild 6 ;
3. Easily merge an image to the textual DOS print jobs (on all the pages, full size: WMF, EMF, BMP, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG) without having to create the optional CFG file or changing the DOS printing program ;