Ortelius is a full-featured vector drawing application, especially for map design. Draw directly with features such as roads, rivers, coastlines, buildings, symbols, and contours. Ortelius is known for its unique "connectable tracks" and expert stacked styles that make drawing tedious map features easy. Every object supports attribute data that can be referenced by text labels, and everything can be directly drawn and positioned simply by dragging and dropping.
Though Ortelius is emphatically not a GIS, it does have limited support for importing shapefiles (refer to the documentation for best results; re-projection is not supported). Powerful and extensive text features give you a fine degree of control over labeling. Create your own styles and symbols or use any of the many hundreds built-in. Layers and layer groups keep your work organized.
What is new in this release:
- Release for MacOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Change: roundabouts are now inserted at the same stack position (z order) as the contributing parent track, which leads to less reordering work when rendering casements the modern way.
- Change: replaced Symbols exercise template.
- Change: Artboard brought up to the same build level as Ortelius, including all fixes and changes for Ortelius version 2 in general.
- Change: Tab rendering for icon and text label now done at twice the resolution, to improve appearance on retina screens.
- Enhancement: The Paste In Place command (option+command+V) from Artboard was added to Ortelius. This skips all paste offset computations when pasting, so objects go into the same original positions.
What is new in version 1.8.1:
It is a significant update that includes bug fixes, some nifty track tool improvements, and super text style enhancements.
Pen Tablet Support (optional)
Trail version fully functional watermarked version of the software. Valid license file removes watermark.