Create soft subtitled movies for iPad, iPod (Touch, Classic, Nano), iPhone (2G, 3G, 3GS), Apple TV, iTunes or any QuickTime based player or app. The first and only application to take full advantage of Apple's soft subtitle technology. The subtitle tracks are resolution independent and rendered in real-time as you watch the movie. Subtitles are always displayed at the best quality your device can perform. There are support for multiple languages in the same movie file and you can even switch language on the fly as you watch. If you already have a movie in a format that suits your needs there's no reason to re-encode it, just add the subtitles and you're good to go. If, on the other hand, your movie is not suited for your device you can batch re-encode it straight from within the application. You can also tag your file with metadata.
What is new in this release:
- Now you can manually edit the metadata title again.
- Fixed a bug where the content rating metadata wasn't fetched properly.
- Turkish localization
What is new in version 3.0.2:
- File->Save directly to the source file if it's already in a compatible mp4/m4v format.
- Now loads existing metadata from file if "Fetch metadata automatically" is turned off in Prefs.
- Corrected the air date metadata entry for TV-show episodes.
- Language code updates makes searching for subtitles in languages like Dutch and French work again.
- Now fetching english metadata for TV-shows if nothing is found in the specified language.
- Improved results when searching for TV-shows in a format like "TheTVShow.S01E02.mov".
- Movies can now be tagged with the Podcast or iTunes U media kind metadata.
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
- FFmpeg encoding for super-fast exports.
- Now finally keeps AC-3 surround tracks on export.
- Easier to understand export presets.
- Export presets that aren't meaningful for the source file are disabled.
- Pass through presets much improved. Add subtitles and metadata without re-encoding.
- Improved metadata search for movies.
- Automatically fetches metadata when an alternate movie title is selected.
- Support for subtitle search with our free Submarine app.
- Afrikaans localization by Gideon Wentink.
What is new in version 2.8.2:
- Improvements for the built-in subtitle downloader.
- UI updates and various Yosemite tweaks.
- New About window.
- New app icon.
Encodes first 3 minutes