Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use. Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
What is new in this release:
- Import from iTunes feature for libraries including smart playlist import.
- (API) Support for blur, saturation, and alpha blending on image transcode endpoint.
- (API) Support for rich “composite” images.
- (API) Support for “starts with” and “ends with” operators in filters.
- (API) Allow null values for ID fields.
- (API) Add support for “limit=X” in filters.
- Support for skip count and skip date.
- Hey! A brand new sexy application icon.
- Added a new preference to limit Cloud Sync upload speed.
- Default account language to English as opposed to nothing at all.
- An issue with continuous play on items with same air date.
- Massive (like 50x) speedup for global Recently Added endpoint.
- Items inserted into the past in a play queue when adding to ‘up next’ after playing through.
- Failure transcoding some channel content.
- Sometimes we generated invalid JSON.
- Fix an issue where sometimes sync items would fail to process or upload.
- Much better audio boost (Note: new boosts are significantly larger than previously, so those with large boost settings now may want to be careful).
- On occasion, transcoder would transcode audio when it should remux.
- An ordering bug getting background art from all libraries.
- A bug where an item could end up in a refresh loop.
- Server could end up hanging during nightly DB optimization task.
- Selected art could be reset on refresh if it was generated art.
- Tweaks for menubar icon on Yosemite.
- Speed up deleting transcode temporary directories.
- Play queues were returning all available alternate media for items.
- Various crashes