WALTR is a Mac app that converts MKV & FLAC files directly to iPhone/iPad for Native Playback. No additional iOS apps required. WALTR is designed to make it easy to transfer and convert any music or video file to an iPad or iPhone format for native playback. It supports a huge variety of media file types, including MP3, MP4, AVI, CUE, WMA, M4R, AAC, M4V, M4A, FLAC, ALAC, MKV, and more. It even supports file types that are not normally compatible with iOS, including MKV, AVI, FLAC, and CUE, allowing them to be played in the native Music and Movie apps on iOS. Using WALTR is simple. After closing iTunes, a user just needs to plug an iPhone or iPad into a Mac and open the WALTR app. The iOS device and its available storage space is listed at the top of the app, and files can be dragged to the blank space in the app for immediate transfer to the iOS device. Uploads begin as soon as a file is dragged into the WALTR app, and most uploads are very quick, taking a few seconds. Once a file has been transferred to the iPhone or iPad, it is accessible in either the native Movies or Music app on the iOS device, and overall, the WALTR process is simpler than converting via a separate app and then uploading through iTunes.
What is new in this release:
- Launch Agent notifications added. To enable notifications go to WALTR > File > Show Notifications.
- .DSF audio support added?.
- Re-sample HD audio for 48kHz.
- .RM, .RMVB video support added.
- .VOB files support added.
- Apple music icon updated.
- Explicit-marked tracks not copying correctly in iOS 8.4 FIXED.
- Encoding auto-detect FIXED.
- Video with floating FPS fixed (special .mkv files) FIXED.
- Crash with small audio tracks fixed ( < 6 sec ) FIXED.
What is new in version 1.5.4:
Auto charset detection added;
.WMV file format support added;
Uploading video artwork improved.
What is new in version 1.5.3:
Mavericks crash fixed;
Multiple subtitle support;
A few minor bugs repaired.
What is new in version 1.5.2:
minor fixes for Yosemite users BUT a giant fix for Mavericks users:
- Critical fix for unstable Welcome Screen playback
- Minor bug fixes
- Even more updates are coming soon!.