AddMovie is an app utility for easily joining several files into one single movie, and performing the inverse operation of splitting a movie at select frame times into multiple movies. You can also use AddMovie to convert a set of movies to other formats.
- Combine movies, saving in various movie formats
- Create slide shows of pictures
- Modify duration of movies
- Batch export movies to various formats
- Add movie chapters
- Edit movies
- Play movies at arbitrary rates, including sound files
- Split movies at arbitrary points
- Set a movie's poster frame, and count frames
- Extract sound track into a sound file
- much more!
AddMovie imports all file formats supported by QuickTime. AddMovie outputs QuickTime (mov) file format, as well as exporting to other file formats provided by the QuickTime codecs on your system. Use the Preferences window to specify output options.
Various options are available in the Preferences window, such as: choosing export format, making a "self contained" (copy video and sound from all source movies) or "reference" movie (yielding a smaller movie file with dependencies), and chapterizing. Many more!
AddMovie is available on the Mac App Store.
AddMovie is a also member of the Limit Point Software Utilities Bundle : http://www.limit-point.com/Utilities.html. Purchase a Utilities password to activate all the utilities, including AddMovie. Updates are free, new products included.
What is new in this release:
- Reloading very large file lists can be time consuming, as a new movie is created for each file. An indeterminate progress indicator has been activated to provide additional feedback in the file list window as it works to reestablish the previous file list. (Remembering the file list is optional, select in Preferences.)
- Fixed an issue with the movie filter: for some movies the filter did not know it was at the end of the movie and you had to force it to stop and save the filtered movie by clicking the "Stop" button.
- The Help menu documentation has been moved to the web and updated.
- The webpages and icon for AddMovie have been renewed.
No functional limitations, only time limited to ten days.