With ScreenFlow you can record the contents of your entire monitor while also capturing your video camera, microphone and your computer audio. The easy-to-use editing interface lets you creatively edit your video, and add additional images, text, music and transitions for a truly professional-looking video. The finished result is a QuickTime or Windows Media movie, ready for publishing to your Web site or blog or directly to YouTube or Vimeo. Use ScreenFlow to create high-quality software demos, tutorials, app previews, training, presentations and more.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed issue that prevented ScreenFlow 5 from opening when placed in a subfolder of /Applications hierarchy (affects Mac App Store version only)
- Fixed issue where frame rate options were missing from export options
- Fixed issue where crash could result when starting a new recording of GoToMeeting with USB camera
- Expanded custom export options to include keyframe settings
- Added ability to export mono audio
- Fixed incompatibility with Soundflower 64 that was causing inoperability of Welcome screen
- Fixed issue causing Welcome screen links to become deactivated in Mac OS X 10.10
- Fixed issue where DV cameras were not being detected
- Resolved issue where French "Save" keyboard shortcut was missing
- Cleared artifacts appearing behind the "Play" button when language set to German or Japanese
- Fixed issue where "J" key (JKL) would not work when scrubber at the end of the timeline
- Fixed issue where libraries not loading properly (Mac App Store version only)
- Corrected internal recording error occurring when recording frame rate modified
- Corrected issue where waveforms would flatline when split with a nested clip
- Fixed issue where .avi, Motion JPEG formats were not being recognized
- Fixed issue where canvas appears red when working with an older ScreenFlow project that includes chroma key
- Fixed inability to manually resize DV recorded media
What is new in version 5.0:
- ScreenFlow 5 adds more devices, more options and more ways to help you make epic content, all with a fresh new look for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- New Welcome page to pick your project type, organize your past projects and create new ones More options for recording
- iOS Recording. Your iPhone and iPad screens can now be recorded, right into ScreenFlow, just like your iSight or DV Camera.
- Recording Preview. Quickly confirm you're in shot and you've got the right angle. The Recording Preview gives a continual spot check of your shot to ensure all is properly aligned, while also displays total elapsed time of your recording.
- Native support for MPEG Transport Stream/AVCHD file format. Bring your higher-end Sony, Panasonic, and other HD camcorder files directly into ScreenFlow with no conversion necessary.
- Set recording frame rate. Set the optimal frame rate for your recordings before you start, to improve efficiency and decrease overall file size.
In trial mode, your exported QuickTime movies will be watermarked but the application will be fully functional.