Comodo Dragon is a free, feature-rich, secure, Chromium-based web browser from Comodo (maker of the renowed Comodo Internet security software). It has the look and feel of Chrome but features several security and functionality improvements: Better Security and a Better Internet Experience Built-in website scanner. If you're suspicious about a website, Web Inspector allows you to scan any URL to find out if it hosts malware before you visit the site. Detects and blocks ad trackers. Comodo's PrivDog browser extension strengthens online privacy by automatically blocking advertising networks which are attempting to track your activity. More secure default settings. Comodo Dragon ships with settings optimized for maximum security and privacy. Private browsing. Incognito mode further improves privacy by preventing cookies from being stored during browsing sessions. Better certificate handling. During HTTPS sessions, the Dragon address bar will clearly indicate the class of SSL certificate used by the website (Extended Validation, Organization Validation or Domain Validation). Drag and drop browsing. Simply drag any text or image to the right of the browser to run an instant search on the item. Try it once and you'll love it. Built-in media downloader. One-click download of video and audio from DailyMotion and other streaming media sites.
What is new in this release:
- Google’s recommended mitigation against CPU Speculative Execution Attack Methods (Spectre) vulnerability applied.
- Sign in to Comodo Dragon fixed.
- "Save link as..." option fixed.
What is new in version 58.0.3029.115:
- Added the "Open link in new window" and "Open link in incognito window" options back to the right click menu for links.
- Fixed invalid path when trying to install Comodo Dragon to the root of a drive by using the file browser in the setup.
What is new in version 58.0.3029.113:
Comodo Dragon v58 has the Chromium v58 codebase with improved security. In this new version we have improved the H264, HTML5 and Flash videos playback speed.
What is new in version 57.0.2987.93:
- Some general videos failed to play correct.
- Pages opened with middle-click on a hyperlink don't finish loading and they don't render properly
- Videos from https://vid.me/ are not successfully played;
- Videos stop playing after scrolling down for a while on Facebook.
- Videos stop playing after scrolling down for a while on Twitter.
- "Signal Private Messenger" Chrome app is not working.
What is new in version 55.0.2883.59:
- Added support for extra Audio/Video codecs e.g. AAC,MP3/H.264
- Improved HTTPS details over Chromium;
- Improved EV certificate notification;
- Improvements to MediaDownloader;
- Addition of the Widevines DRM Plug-in which means support for such sites are Amazon Video and Netflix.
What is new in version 184.108.40.2064:
Applied a fix for unquoted service path issue.
What is new in version 220.127.116.113:
- Codebase has been updated to version 52.
- To help improve PC security for all users Comodo Dragon now offers CCAV post installation/update.
What is new in version 18.104.22.1685:
- Chromium code base has been updated to version 50.
- A IP/DNS leakage detector feature has been added. IP / DNS Leakage
- Disabling WebRTC as a built-in feature has been added.
What is new in version 22.214.171.1240:
- Chromium code base has been updated to 49
- Dragon offers a direct installation of Adobe PPAPI Flash Player in case of flash does not exist in user's computer.
- Dragon v49 will be final version that supports Windows Vista. Starting from version 50, We will not support Vista users.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
Version 188.8.131.52 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 184.108.40.206:
- Chromium code base has been updated to 48
- Fixed: Race condition can cause attackers to implant dlls
- Fixed: Updater can be used to execute unsigned files
What is new in version 220.127.116.114:
Updated to Chromium 46 codebase.
What is new in version 18.104.22.1685:
Version 22.214.171.1245 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
- Chromium code base 43 has been added.
- Portable Mode has been added.
- DPI crash issue has been fixed
- Clear At Exit Feature has been added.
- Several bug fixes has been implemented.
What is new in version 188.8.131.52:
Version 184.108.40.206 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 220.127.116.11:
- Light GUI theme.
- New Tab Page link colour changed for readability.
- Updated Dragon Icon.