You want to navigate the internet directly on the desktop of the Finder? You want to display a webpage as your desktop wallpaper. Then Desktop Web Browser is what you need. Desktop Web Browser allows you to navigate the internet and to display webpages directly on the desktop of the Finder. You can navigate the internet directly on the desktop of the Finder. You can set the URL of the webpage loaded by default at start. You can set the transparency of the browser to see your original desktop wallpaper underneath. You can set the refresh period of the browser if you want to automatically refresh the webpage periodically. You just need to press the Alt key to open the links into Safari. It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use. It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish and many other languages.
What is new in this release:
- A full recompilation has been made to be compatible with El Capitan and Sierra, and as Universal Binary to keep being compatible with both old (PowerPC) Macs and recent (Intel) Macs.
- The "How to intall it?" paragraph of the documentation has been updated to explain how to install and launch the Application in particular under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra:
Under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra, if you're launching the Application for the first time, maybe Mac OS X's GateKeeper (which you can configure in the "System Preferences") will refuse to launch it because you've not downloaded it from the Mac App Store (but from our website). In this case, instead of double-clicking on it, all you have to do is to right-click on the Application's icon, and then select the "Open" menu. A message will appear in which you'll be able to confirm that you want to launch the Application (even if it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store from an Identified Developper).
What is new in version 6.0:
- A full recompilation has been made to be compatible with Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
- The "How to intall it?" paragraph of the documentation has been updated to explain how to install and launch the Application in particular under Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite.
What is new in version 5.1:
- A problem when saving the preferences at shutdown has been corrected, because of Mac OS X's non-safe way of quitting the applications at shutdown.
- A problem when checking for an available update has been corrected.
- The window is automatically sent to the background when you launch the application.
- A Korean localization has been released.