Opera for computers is a fast and secure browser trusted by millions of users. With the intuitive interface, Speed Dial and visual bookmarks for organizing favorite sites, news feature with fresh, relevant content, speed-boosting Opera Turbo mode and more handy features, Opera has everything you need to do more on the web. Also, with 1700+ available extensions, you can mix and match additional features to customize the browser the way you want.
Opera browser brings you more speed, more safety and more ways to discover content on the web.
Here are some of the key features that will help you make the most of your internet surfing:
* Opera has an intuitive and elegant interface that is integrated with Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. * If you have a slow connection, for example, on congested Wi-Fi and 3G networks, you can speed up your browsing with the Opera Turbo feature. * Opera's news feature brings you the latest articles and other interesting content from all over the world straight to the browser's start page. * With Opera's visual bookmarks, not available in any other browser by default, you can organize your favorite sites in a gallery with page thumbnails. * The Speed Dial lets you keep the most important sites one click away: add sites' thumbnails to the browser's start page and group them in folders, as needed. * In Opera's add-ons catalog, you can get over 1,700 extensions to customize the browser. From sidebar notes and in-browser messengers to advanced developer features - mix and match extensions to get a perfect browsing experience. * Also, you can add a personal touch to the browser by changing background themes (including animated ones!). * Pick up browsing in Opera on another computer or mobile device by syncing your bookmarks, open tabs and other browsing data in the cloud. * Once a new version is available, Opera updates automatically so that you don't miss the latest features and security improvements.
We constantly add smaller and bigger improvements, and we have a lot of updates in the pipeline.
But, Opera isn't just about cool features. It's about your experience on the web - more info, more content, more fun, more communication. We're happy to deliver this to millions of people around the world. Give it a try - download our browser today and join the Opera family!
What is new in this release:
Version 49.0.2725.47 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 48.0.2685.50:
Today's update brings a fix for misplaced submenus in the O-Menu and bookmark bar folders. This has been applied to all streams of the Opera browser.
What is new in version 48.0.2685.32:
Opera 48 has arrived with new and improved features. Leading the list is the search pop up tool with currency converter, now enriched with unit and time zone converters, making it simple and easy to translate unfamiliar measurements on the spot. Moreover, with the new snapshot tool, Opera lets you capture favorite parts of the web. Plus, we've added the option to remove unwanted autocomplete suggestions in the search and address bar, cleaned up menus, allowed importing bookmarks from Edge and Yandex and sharpened the interface for HiDPI screens
What is new in version 47.0.2631.55:
- UAC popup displayed every time Opera is launched
- Process overloading in Google/Yandex maps with disabled hardware acceleration
What is new in version 46.0.2597.39:
- [Win7][HiDPI] Thin Aero stripe is visible on the title bar.
- Opera crashes when bookmark is deleted using keyboard
- Whitelist JS API for opera.com/client/upgraded
What is new in version 45.0.2552.898:
- Fixed high memory usage when playing H264 MP3 videos
- Fixes for Windows installer
What is new in version 44.0.2510.857:
- Added support for Apple’s new Touch Bar.
- Opera 44 features our own tuned-up version of Chromium 57. This adds support for CSS Grid Layout and WebAssembly which we believe has the potential to bring browser games to the next level.
- Opera 44 also adds support for the Credential Management API. This gives users a simpler sign-in process across devices and provides websites with more control over the usage of credentials. The website can use password-based sign-ins via this API. Once logged in, users will be automatically signed back into a site, even if their session has expired.
What is new in version 43.0.2442.806:
Last year, we sped up Opera with features like native ad-blocking, page-load speed optimization, and faster start-up. Now, with instant page loading and PGO, we're giving it another boost that will squeeze loading time. In addition, Opera 43 brings you classic link selection. With this feature, you are able select text in the link without triggering the link.
What is new in version 42.0.2393.94:
Updated Chromium to version 55.0.2883.87.
What is new in version 41.0.2353.69:
Chromium was updated to version 54.0.2840.99. We fixed some nasty crash on dragging bookmarks bar elements.
What is new in version 41.0.2353.56:
- The bug where the video popout was closed on a different page refresh has now been fixed.
- Some other minor issues and crashes related to the video popout have been fixed too.
- The weird animation which occurred during opening a tab with middle-click is no more happening.
- There are a few Personal News fixes, including proper management of incomplete pages.
- Also, Chromium has been updated to the 54.0.2840.87 version.
What is new in version 41.0.2353.46:
- Opera 41 includes a new, smarter startup sequence that cuts away almost all the wait time, no matter how many tabs you open on startup.
- Introduced unique features like VPN, native ad-blocker, battery saver and video pop-out.
- Longer battery time when video conferencing
- Hardware-accelerated video pop-out
- Personalized newsreader improvements
What is new in version 40.0.2308.62:
- Today, we launch Opera 40 with our new free, unlimited, no-log browser VPN service. With this launch, Opera becomes the first major browser to release a built-in VPN service. When turned on, the browser VPN creates a secure connection to one of OperaA¢??s five server locations around the world. The VPN lets you choose where to appear on the internet, giving you online privacy and security a boost while making content easier to access.
- Automatic battery saving
- Chromecast support
- Video pop-out improvements
- Newsreader with RSS support
- Updated browser engine
What is new in version 39.0.2256.43:
- A revamped video pop out
- A personalized newsreader
- Customizable block lists to the native ad blocker
- Other features
- Browser VPN
- Quick fix for clearing third-party data crash.
What is new in version 38.0.2220.41:
This update contains an important fix. All those who were unable to enter the Youtube full screen mode when Windows DPI was set to more than 100% should be happy to know that the feature works correctly now.
What is new in version 38.0.2220.29:
- Battery saver - cool down and power savings achieved with several under-the-hood optimizations.
- Ad blocker - you can now add your own block lists.
- Speed Dial improvements. Now, you don’t need to worry that you removed a website from your Speed Dial accidentally.
- Add your own photo as theme.
- Extension button visible in the Speed Dial side panel.
What is new in version 37.0.2178.32:
- Built-in ad blocker makes webpages load faster.
- Video pop out displays video in a floating frame, always on top.
- Updated support for the latest Chromium/Blink release, version 50.
- Stability enhancements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 36.0.2130.65:
- Tablet mode layout and tablet mode fullscreen button is working
- Fixed too narrow scrollbar on Win7 systems with HDPI.
- Closing the browser while downloading a large file on OS X is now fixed.
- Also on OSX, swipe gestures when navigating back and forward with Magic Mouse are fixed.
- Resuming interrupted downloads should now work correctly.
- Pinch to zoom is working on OS X again
What is new in version 36.0.2130.46:
- Fixed: [Linux] Can't play h264 videos. Linux users shouldn't have any problems with watching videos now.
- Fixed: [Mac] Network installer overwrites an existing O12 installation. As some of our users wanted to keep their old Opera 12 profile together with new one, we've made a fix to allow that.
- Adjustments for Windows 10 users, such as: updating icons, background colours or tablet mode issues.
What is new in version 35.0.2066.82:
Holding Shift and try to drag fixed tab crashes Opera - fixed.
What is new in version 35.0.2066.37:
- An improved bookmark manager now removes duplicates that may be created when syncing bookmarks between devices.
- Separate search bar available in advanced settings.
- Updated support for the latest Chromium/Blink release, version 48.
- Stability enhancements and bug fixes.
- Mute tabs that are playing sound directly on the tab bar. Hover over a tab and press the mute button to silence it.
- Opera now warns you about active downloads when exiting the app.
What is new in version 34.0.2036.16 beta:
- Plugin interaction fix.
- Restored context menu spellchecker options.
- Fix for the Mac-specific crash happening when Turbo mode was toggled with no window open.
- Chromium has been updated to version 47.0.2526.58.
What is new in version 33.0.1990.35 beta:
- Linux proprietary codecs support.
- New Opera branding.
What is new in version 32.0.1948.19 beta:
update includes fixes for issues with MP3 and MP4 playback and a crash on Mac.
What is new in version 30.0.1835.88:
- Chromium upgrade to 43.0.2357.125
- Fix on bookmarks not accessible trough Opera menu
- Further MSE & H264 fixes, which also means fix for Windows N not displaying pages.
What is new in version 30.0.1835.26 beta:
In this build we have fixed some annoying keyboard shortcut issues on Mac, and improved the touch support for some UI elements.
What is new in version 29.0.1795.47:
- Stability enhancements.
- Updated support for the latest Chromium/Blink release, version 42.
- Enhanced support for Chromium extensions.
What is new in version 29.0.1795.30 beta:
This build has updated Chromium to version 42.0.2311.60, and includes a couple of fixes.
What is new in version 28.0.1750.21 beta:
Updated Chromium to version 41.0.2272.43 and fixed several other issues, for example using the wrong search engine in private windows and (no longer) an empty Accept Language list in the settings. Translations should now also be more complete, as we received a batch of fresh strings recently.
What is new in version 27.0.1689.44 beta:
Over the time of the holiday break two of them were pushed to Opera beta, and currently we are using 40.0.2214.69 version.
Our developers also fixed annoying bug that was happening on Facebook for our users using various IMEs - you should now be able to input characters without any problems.
What is new in version 27.0.1689.29 beta:
- Improved navigation.
- Tab menu.
- Invitation to migrate your Adobe Flash from NPAPI to PPAPI.
- Addition of some APIs.
- Improvements to the shutdown functionality.
- Speech API.
What is new in version 26.0.1656.8 beta:
- A built-in print preview.
- Options to import bookmarks and settings from your old browser.
- Updates to better integrate Opera with the latest Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10).
- Share bookmarks button.