XMLSpear is a free XML editor. Experienced XML users will find many advanced features in validating files. The included text editor is usefull for editing plain text files (shell scripts, ini and config files, etcetera). On a mac it can be used as plist editor.
Version 3 adds important new features like:
- Xpath support
- XML Catalog
- XSLT transformation
- Schema conversions
- Cursor synhronization between views
- Bug fixes
What is new in this release:
- Several bug fixes:
- Some popups not visible when working with more than 1 screen
- Files could not be deleted in external program because they were locked by XMLSpear
- On some platforms it was not possible to use Shift delete in the element view.
- Binary plist files could not be opened in java 6+
- Fixed some formatting issues related to whitespace after attribute or element name
- Improvements and new features:
- Added actions to change the fontsize in de source editor. Default sizes can be set in the XMLSpear.properties file
- Better type support for attributes. Ignore typed quotes in attribute value when they are already present.