With AlterCam you can add 50+ effects to your live video stream, add overlay images/text/video/webcam and change the background. Moreover, AlterCam will split your webcam video to as many programs as you want, so you will never see those "webcam busy" error again. You can add text comments and logotype images to your webcam stream. Starting with v2.1 you can change your voice in real time for the voice chats. Record your webcam video with AlterCam. The program will compress the video on-the-fly, so it will not occupy much space on your hard drive. With AlterCam you can broadast anything you want to the virtual web camera (and to the world). You can broadcast pre-recorded video, your desktop, images, any content.
What is new in this release:
Version 4.4 build 686 changes:
- fixed doze of minor bugs
What is new in version 4.3 build 568:
Version 4.3 build 568 changes:
- new video recording engine
- added the ability to write log file during capturing
- added tray icon recording indication
- added the ability to start AlterCam on Windows startup
- added the ability to start AlterCam minimized to tray
- now tabs undock when dragging by headers only
- fixed audio echo with no virtual audio device installed
- fixed audio test function
- fixed a lot of minor issues
What is new in version 4.2 build 512:
Version 4.2 build 512 changes:
- fixed removal of Fisheye distortions
What is new in version 4.1 build 467:
Version 4.1 build 467 changes:
- added the ability to pause/resume and seek video file as the source for virtual camera
- changed video player for camera, now it should support many video file formats.
- fixed screen capturing after switching to the secondary monitor
- fixed video player loading with many video files.
- added the ability to record video when the source is video file
- fixed several minor issues
What is new in version 4.0 build 455:
Version 4.0 build 455 changes:
- added "Scenes" for quick switch between the sets of video source, effects, and overlays
- added the ability to show/hide and dock/undock any tab
- improved interface for selecting video source
- fixed a problem with closing stream from IP-camera
What is new in version 3.9 build 422:
Version 3.9 build 422 changes:
- added support of RTMP IP-cameras as a main video source and as an overlay.
- added the ability to work with audio without installing drivers for virtual audio device.
- added the ability to install audio drivers from AlterCam's interface in case you need the modified sound in the other programs.
What is new in version 3.8 build 412:
Version 3.8 build 412 changes:
- now you can apply the effects to the select area of the frame only, use Selections
- the snapshots are uploaded to your Google Drive now (using "Copy share link to clipboard button" in the Snapshots history)
What is new in version 3.7 build 401:
Version 3.7 build 401 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.7 build 400:
Version 3.7 build 400:
- added the ability to record video with hardware h264 encoders (NVENC, AMD VCE, Intel QuickSync) - better video quality with almost no additional CPU load!
- added live audio level tracking on "Audio" tab
What is new in version 3.6 build 362:
Version 3.6 build 362:
- updated audio driver
- added the ability to set IP camera as video source. So, you can use your smartphone as a webcam now
- added the ability to add IP camera as overlays
What is new in version 3.5 build 353:
Version 3.5 build 353:
- audio driver updated for better sound quality
- now you can Pause and Resume your video recording
- fixed Curve tool in CPU mode
- many minor bug fixes
What is new in version 3.3 build 336:
Version 3.3 build 336 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.1 build 319:
Version 3.1 build 319:
- fixed drivers uninstallation.
- added the ability to rename custom overlays.
- added line breaks in the text overlays.
- added text alignment in the text overlays.
- enhanced dialog window for text overlay settings.
- added ability to adjust colors by certain values or by curves for web cameras.
- fixed automatic choosing
for Source Microphone.
What is new in version 2.8 build 280:
Version 2.8 build 280:
- add three new effects: Contour, Color Contour and Cartoon. Now more than 50 effects are available!
- fixed some issues according to user reports
What is new in version 2.6 build 261:
Version 2.6 build 261:
- Fixed several bugs
What is new in version 2.6 build 260:
Version 2.6 build 260:
- removed audio effects trial limitations.
- added three new effects: Bokeh Blur, Bubbles and Hearts (available only on GPU).
- small performance improvements.
- fixed some issues according to user reports.
What is new in version 1.8 build 109:
- added ability to play gif animations in overlays
- added context menu for overlays to zoom
- added three experimental functions: webcam video transaprency by color, by background and chromakey transparency
- added new animated overlay samples
- fixed some issues according to user reports
Program logo added to the output video stream