DB-Text is a general use tool to open and edit data in text format. DB-Text is able to open import, edit and manage text data organized by rows and columns in a more practical and effective way then text editors. DB-Text can import data both in CSV (comma separated value) text format or in TSV (tab separated value) text format coming from Windows, Unix and OS X. It can automatically recognize the used format analyzing the content inside. It can accept data with mixed use of quotas.
What is new in this release:
- Column guess function to automatically select the destination columns importing data in a table with already created with columns
- Improved handling of rows containing similar data
- Various bug fixes
- Various Optimizations
What is new in version 1.6.1:
- Bug fix of the move up and down keys associated with columns (move left and right the data column).
- Now they are disabled correctly when necessary.
What is new in version 1.6:
- Cascade sequential assignment to destination fields in a single click
- Import now shows position of visualized record of the total available
- Added an option to do not import first imported row also without using it as field labels
- Solved a bug not showing latest created fields inside destination popups in case of successive import operations
What is new in version 1.5:
- Sort rows by columns using standard, localised or case insensitive methods
- Documents remember columns table width
- Improved handling of trying to insert records without any field in the database
- Bug fix: Changing format to export, now the file name extension changes automatically
- Various minor bug fix
What is new in version 1.4.1:
Bug fix importing dropping a file from the desktop on a document window.