WriteFlow is a word processor which is built on a database instead of individual files. Every paragraph you write can be addressed individually from all the documents where you use them. This technique is used also to manage your bibliography and quotes, which means that you can keep track of the quotes you used throughout all of your projects. WriteFlow is designed to manage the whole process of research, collection of ideas, writing drafts to the actual writing process until publishing of your final paper. (While WriteFlow is still beta functionality is still somehow limited!) WriteFlow is especially fit for academic purposes, but also creative or screenplay writing, journalism or diaries. WriteFlow tries to go beyond existing paradigms in the technique of word processing. More consequently than most we try to break up linearity and take full advantage of recent technological progress. Our goal is to make the technology disappear behind the simple creative process of text production. Nothing should stand in your way when you want to write and thereby use multiple sources, your own formally written text or the text of others. That's why we included the management of PDFs and Websites, you can just define text out of a PDF as quote and paste it in your own text and it will include the reference in a footnote or in brackets, whichever you choose. As every text element in WriteFlow has a time stamp, its own keywords, author etc. Writeflow will be especially fit for collaborative work. This is especially supported by the WriteFlow Versions System, which allows you to store multiple versions of every text and just switch between those versions from within the document where you use it. If you copy and paste text from one document to another and change it afterwards, WriteFlow will allow you to decide if you want to change the text in both documents, or if you want to keep the old text in the old document and make a new version in the new document. In either case, the original and the pasted text will stay linked and you can always keep track of where your texts originally came from. We built WriteFlow on a very powerful technology, which will allow a wide range of future developments to support more file formats (such as pictures, videos or audio files) or to improve the ways you can interlink and display existing elements.
What is new in this release:
- [feature:] Automatic References hugely improved, introduction of "Citation Styles". Please download new styles from our website.
- [feature:] A lot of new context menus introduced
- [feature:] Drag'n'Drop of PDfs now directly on an entry in the media list
- [feature:] "copy to" in context menu (right mouse click on quote in Media View)
- [feature:] Support for "copy to" from Persons View and from Keywords View
- [bug:] Abstract Reference Descriptor Bug fixed
- [bug:] Inspector stability much improved
- [bug:] Select all + copy to bug fixed
- [bug:] Bug when copying from Notes fixed
- [bug:] Some improvements on the media types
- [bug:] Add Keyword in Command Tool fixed
- [bug:] A lot of work done all around
30 day trial